“Food Stewardship”

Hidden Falls Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Central American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are an All Natural, Fresh from the Farm Restaurant specializing in Exotic locally grown Ingredients. Great juices, Smoothies, lemon Grass Tea, Organic Salads, Fresh caught seafood, Great Steaks, Pasta's, Vegetarian cuisine and Cacao Desserts.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My partner and I came here for dinner after meeting with the owner and some local friends. We came a little late and missed the chocolate tasting, but still enjoyed a great meal. We split conch ceviche and pesto chicken if I recall correctly, and it was delicious! The desert was as well and featured fruits we'd never experienced before. The owner Saul hung out with us for some time after dinner and educated us about the fruits, and the food that we just enjoyed. It turns out one of our friends worked (and gave great reviews) of a farm owned by Saul. We enjoyed the food as well as the owner's good work around Belize.

1  Thank CovR

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were wandering around Placencia looking for conch when we stumbled across Hidden Falls. Saul made us delicious conch ceviche, an amazing seafood cake, and some fried Cobia fingers. Everything was fresh and delicious and locally grown. Saul was very personable and helpful. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Sol is working very hard to make this little place a little more well known. I can be sure there are no "fake" foods here and the use of naturally organic food from his uncles farm is great! The dining room is decorated with tropical motif and the mural represents the Hidden Falls in his family's farm area. I think some fans to help out the air conditioning would be nice.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Hidden Falls is a one of a kind restaurant in Placencia, located upstairs The owner and chef Sol Tucker makes weekly trips to his uncle's farm up the road where he harvests the organic produce for the restaurant. The lobster and steak combo is delicious, with a Belizean rib eye that came out juicy and cooked to perfection-my medium rare was exactly medium rare. I highly recommend HIdden Falls for a romantic dinner or a delicious made from scratch pina colada and ceviche.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This place definitly deserves more business than they were getting when I was there. I visited two times and had great meals. The first visit was a light meal (mostly because my wallet was light at the time), where I had the ceviche and a beer. The ceviche was really tasty, and for being listed on the menu as a small plate was still pretty filling. The second visit got me the special of rib eye and lobster, and oh baby did this ever hit the spot. The beef was done spot on to my request (med rare), nice and juicy and lots of flavor, and the lobster was beautiful. Hidden Falls uses all local produce and the beef is Belizean, and they get the lobster out of the ocean right outside the back door. The chef gives plenty of thought to the plating as well. The food comes out very well arranged and very appetizing to look at. The service was good, which is not always an easy thing to accomplish when a restaurant is experiencing slow business. Hopefully during the high season it'll pick up for them, because I think when this place gets busier it'd be a truly great place to have dinner. It's a small place, very cozy and friendly, and well worth the visit.