Turtle Inn
US$261
Travelocity
Belize Ocean Club(Placencia)
US$135
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$97
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$106
Hatchet Caye Resort(Placencia)
US$420
US$396
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor showerblancaneaux lodgeshell phonemare restaurantfrancis ford coppolaour honeymoongauguin grillbeach barseafront cottagecoppola winesseaview cottagethai massagecoppola resortsprivate gardengrilled seafoodrijsttafella lancha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I've been to Turtle Inn three times and I think it is a truly unique property in a unique place. The fishing village it's just outside of is charming and the people are incredible. Many of the staff have become friends that I keep in touch with. Last time I was there a few made the comment the management was getting weird about that - but I sincerely hope that is not the case - that's what makes the place great!

The property - perfectly designed to make you feel as far away from your life as possible. There are no phones or televisions in the rooms (although they are available if you get desperate). Your communication is entirely through a "Shell Phone", and whatever you want, you get.

The rooms - the perfect cabana for a relaxed vacation. The outdoor garden shower and japanese style bath are a personal favorite. The front screened verandas are perfect when you want to escape the sun; and if you happen to get a seaview or seafront villa, you kind of feel like you're on a deserted island (albeit a well equipped one).

Beach - It's not a thrilling wave beach or a perfect lagoon, but it's got a certain expansive wildness about it that gives that deserted island feel again. Have no fear though, perfect turquoise water is a quick boatride away from the resorts dock.

Pool - small, lovely, refreshing.

Restaurant /Bar- yes some say it's expensive for Belize - and yes, it is, but it's lovely! Open air dining, attentive service, good food and a great wine list

Love it, go here!!!

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled solo
8  Thank susiek61
Reviewed 31 July 2007

After arriving exhausted in Placencia after planning our wedding, my husband and I were so pleased with everything that we encountered here (with one exception which I will explain later).
The hotel is absolutely beautiful and perfect for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. In fact, most of the people we met were honeymooners.
There are three restaurants, and we tried them all. We loved Mare the best, then Gaugin's Grill, and then the Belizean one which I can't remember the name-sorry. We were on the honeymoon package which included all of our food which was fine with us. (We were feeling very lazy after our wedding.)
We were originally booked for a seaview cottage, but some miracle occured and we found ourselves in a beautiful waterfront villa instead. It was bigger than our condo back home!
We loved the morning coffee service, because we would sit on the couch and sip our coffee while looking at the water. How perfect.
The concierges were awesome, both Terryann and Luvia did a great job in scheduling our activities for us. Luvia even managed to find some anti itch stuff for my bug bites since I didn't have time to go into town.
We did go scuba diving twice while staying there, and the dive sites are beautiful. My one suggestion is that their guides should be a little bit more personable. Their dive instructor was great and would give us a lot of information about the wildlife, but the dive guide seemed like he didn't want to have anything to do with us.
All in all, Turtle Inn was a highlight of our honeymoon, and we held all of the other places we stayed in Belize to their standard (which probably wasn't fair).
Make sure to eat as much lobster as you can if you go during lobster season, and the Monkey River tour is great.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Heres2u
Reviewed 17 July 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Turtle Inn for our honeymoon in mid -May. The resort was truly amazing and a breath of fresh air from a run of the mill "mega" all-inclusive resort and in keeping with the Belize genre alltogether. Belize as a whole was so low key and unassuming and proved to be the perfect destination. The Turtle Inn offered a unique, rustic yet luxurious experience. The entire staff went out of their way to accomodate our every wish. We stayed in the Chinese Matrimonial "hut" which was truly wonderful. If you go, you must stay in a villa directly on the water. It makes all the difference. The food was great particularly the pizza. We were a bit disappointed in the seafood, however; this was our biggest qualm of the entire trip. Try one of the excursions; we went snorkeling and caving which both proved exciting and worth the trip. Our guides were well versed in their respective discipline and were very helpful and kind. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lugrundle
Reviewed 1 July 2007

We vacationed here with a 5-yr old, and the resort is absolutely one of the best. We reserved a garden view cottage but were upgraded, upon arrival, to a 2-bedroom garden villa, twice the size of what we reserved. We stayed in Room V4 Angel Fish, which is just steps away from the beach and pool. The villa is very clean. It felt like we're in paradise. I absolutely loved this place and would highly recommend it, especially for honeymooners!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank szesze20
Reviewed 27 June 2007

First of all Turtle Inn is a nice place to stay. What Happened in April really made my destination a mess. To be honest there was a mess i couldnt believe. Howell Garbutt was in charge and he wasn't helpful to me. I admit i got mad at the matter that i tried to make my point clear and no resolution was offered. Howell as assistant manager should have tried to help.

This is not to discourage you but instead i hope this doesn't happen to you. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)