We stayed here from May 19, 2013 to May 30, 2012. We were upgraded upon check-in to a one bedroom villa. It was the farthest room on the property in Building I. It was very comfortable, quiet and clean. We had a big porch just 6 feet from the sand and 30 feet from the ocean. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. It was not extremely busy when we were there so I can't say if at busier times if the staff would be as good. The front desk Ladies were all awesome and helped us many times with our questions and booking our excursions.
We had the free breakfast included in our room. It was more than enough for us as divers to eat before heading out for a full day on the boat and in the water. It included fruit (2 kinds), toast, baked goods made by Mathieu’s (the deli by Habaneros), yogurt, coffee, tea, juice. If you want to add eggs or something at a cost you can. We ate at The Robert's Grove restaurant for dinner once, the food was good but very over priced for the quality and the quantity. We preferred Sweet Mama's (low Belize price) and Habaneros (moderate price lower than Robert's Grove) when we stayed around the resort.
We ate in town at Wendys (really good for lunch and lighter dinner), Secret Garden (really good- great dinners), Rumfish y vino (really great dinner), then top it off with something from Tutti-Frutti (awesome homemade ice cream). The Above grounds coffee house is a great place to stop in and get an iced coffee on a hot afternoon.
The 3 pools were kept clean every day. If they cleaned them in the morning the breeze would blow stuff in and by afternoon they looked bad but they did clean them every day. They did rake the beach every morning however being on the windward side the beach surf was pretty high everyday we were there and the seaweed just kept coming in.
Security was very visible and I felt comfortable enough to leave my Ipad out charging in the room when we were gone. They do have in room safes.
We did go there to reef dive and whale shark dive. We did not use the onsite dive shop, they had a lot of bad reviews for safety and attention, but we did not hear any real complaints from the other guests while we were there. We did our diving with Seahorse in Placencia, it was awesome we saw 5 whale sharks in 4 dives.
The taxi ride into town (one way) was $10 US from Robert's Grove $20 US if you stay even 2 miles further up the road like Maya beach.
They keep lotion, shampoo, conditioner and a hair dryer in the bathroom. I like to know this for suitcase weight due to the fact we are divers and bring a lot of gear so every ounce can make a difference for us.
We like to walk the beach to town in other places so my biggest disappointment was the fact that when we walked to Seine Bight less than a mile down the beach it was like a garbage dump right on the ocean. Apparently the local people don't feel compelled to keep the beautiful ocean front beautiful. Seine Bight is just a small town with a few stores and would benefit more if the tourist had a nice beach to walk up to town. I know we would have went into Seine Bight everyday.
We did go on the Monkey River tour - if you have all ready seen howler monkeys and have taken a boat through the mangroves I would not recommend this tour. I heard other guests saying the tube caving was fun, we wished we would have done that.
I did like staying at Robert's Grove and I would recommend it for most anyone.
I would definitely go back to Placencia but I might try staying in town the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia
- Robert's Grove Beach Resort Belize/Placencia