We spent 4 nights in mid-Sept, low season. They do a lot of things right here! The staff is uniformly helpful and friendly, waiters are well-trained, excursion leaders are good at what they do. Rooms are spacious and well-supplied with robes, extra chairs, etc. Grounds are gorgeous with fountains, tropical flowers, daily raking of the beach. The pier with its thatched hut is a fun spot for drinks and apps. There are lots of seating areas spread throughout the grounds so you can be as close to or far from the action as you want to be.
We ate at the main dining room for breakfast each morning and twice for dinner, and once at Habanero's. I found the food to be tasty, although pricey. Bar drinks offered a good selection of beach cocktails and were well-made! Continental breakfast is included in the room rate and includes a beautiful fruit platter, tray of savory pastries, cereals, bread for toasting, yogurt and coffee & OJ. Great start to the day!
We took trips to snorkel Silk Caye and view Monkey River - very well done, totally satisfied. The Monkey RIver guide stopped on the way back to the resort to search for manatees and dolphins, and we found them! Seriously one of my life's wishes was to experience wild dolphins (not chlorine pool dolphins) and this was it! They were jumping out of the water, playing with each other, and the highlight - one splashed us in the boat with his tailfin. The snokel trip included a stop near a fisherman whose catch cleaning attracts loggerhead turtles. Found 4-5 turtles and eagle rays swimming underneath them! Fantastic! BBQ lunch on the island is included.
I wish I'd brought a flashlight for walking around the resort, as many areas are dimly lit. I think this resort sprays for mosquitos because I didn't see any at Robert's Grove, but when we went to Turtle Inn for dinner, I was eaten alive. (The waiter brought out bug spray.) We borrowed bikes and rode to the village, stopped at Tipsy Tuna for drinks. Overall, we loved Belize, and Placencia's slow-paced vibe. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia
- Robert's Grove Beach Resort Belize/Placencia