Our recent experience at Robert's Grove was all we had hoped and more. Perhaps the most appreciated surprise was the warm, caring, supportive, helpful and all around nice staff at Robert's Grove.
Advise to travelers who go to Robert’s Grove: Call and speak with them personally. Use email, and the instant chat on their website. The staff are very helpful and easily answer questions, or get back very soon with information requested. We found our trip was greatly enhanced by staying in touch with staff before, during and after our visit. The rewards of good communication can be enjoyed by those willing to call.
Our Belize Romance package was great. The room was immaculate up on arrival, and housekeeping staff had prepared a beautiful array of artistic towel swan and heart sculptures and flowers on the bed. Very romantic and truly enjoyed.
Front desk staff, especially Julio (because he seemed always to be there) were most helpful. The driver, Robert picked us up at the airport and knew our names upon arrival. He managed our luggage for us with a warm welcome. On the drive from the airport he gave us a very enjoyable tour of the property from the dive shop to the resort.
Restaurant staff were always helpful, and warm. Very pleasant and we thank them all. The barbecue night was fun and elegant. The restaurant is always clean and beautifully decorated with flowers and artistic table settings. In the evening, the restaurant is transformed form a beautiful open beach view casual dining experience into elegance with table cloths and custom chair covers.
Johnny, the bartender, was very helpful guiding us with drink ideas, and even put together a drink we had enjoyed eight years before at a different resort in Belize; just because we asked. It was great.
As part of our Belize Romance package, we enjoyed very professional massages together. The experience was relaxing and for me, entirely new.
Tours arranged by Robert’s Grove included ancient Mayan ruins with Rafael as our driver and guide. Lunch at his family’s restaurant was delightful and delicious. We asked to meet his family and were rewarded when we got to meet his wife and daughter. It was a precious opportunity that could happen only when the right people come together with amazing care, comfort and guidance for people from far away.
We also went snorkeling and greatly appreciated the professional help and guidance of Stephen, our guide and the boat crew. The weather was a bit rough on the water, but that is nature, and the whole experience was grand. The island was great.
Robert’s Grove arranged and scheduled those tours upon request as part of our package.
Television service included too many channels to discover on a week long trip. But we were able to find great reception on a flat panel TV of football games and other TV shows from the US. I wish I had more time to explore other channels and any Belize broadcasts.
On departure, I forgot my Kindle reader. I called Roberto and told him about it. He said he would look into it. Within minutes he called back. He said the Kindle had been found, and told me he would send it to me. I received the Kindle, bubble wrapped and in perfect condition.
We found that Robert’s Grove is a wonderful place to rest, and a good jumping off place to many choices of places to visit and things to do, many of which Robert’s Grove can expertly arrange for visitors.
There are only two things I would encourage Robert's Grove to do is to put more comfortable furniture in the living room, and add more lighting. Daytime the room is lit by abundant windows. But at night, more light inside would help reading.
If you have read this far, I’ll explain why I named this review, “Second Chance at Romantic Trip”. We had planned to visit Robert’s Grove in February, 2011. But in January I fell dangerously ill with a rare cancer of the heart. Robert’s Grove was very understanding when my wife called to cancel.
Now, three years later and in good health, my wife and I finally got to enjoy our romantic trip to Robert’s Grove.
It was worth the wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia
- Robert's Grove Beach Resort Belize/Placencia