My husband and I stayed at the Green Parrot the week before Christmas for our honeymoon, and I can't imagine a better week! We were there right before the start of the busy season, and were some of the only guests there. Because of that, we got our own private tours to the Mayan ruins (Cahal Pech), and Monkey River, with amazing guides. We did our snorkel trip to Laughing Bird Caye with just a local couple and us, and Arlen was an incredible guide! Leo set up all our tours for us, and everything was arranged perfectly (although weather-dependent). We did the all-inclusive option for meals, paying for drinks on our own, and there were no surprises when we got the bill. Nicole gave us the table of honor for our dinners, since it was our honeymoon, which was very sweet. This was the perfect place to unplug and relax, with a little exploration mixed in.
The beach at the Green Parrot is beautiful, with soft sand and gentle water. The food was incredible! Stew chicken, red snapper, lobster, and shrimp were all amazing, with delicious local rice and beans, and fresh fruit. We stayed in one of the smaller cabanas, and it was great! The birds woke us up early in the morning when it wasn't windy, but the bed was very comfortable. No TV, but a nice porch with a hammock and quite the view. We got to know many of the staff there, and they were all wonderful! We visited the town of Placencia as well, at the end of the peninsula, and it is an awesome place with some delicious food, and many gift shops.
We wanted a relaxing vacation with some adventure thrown in, and we wanted to experience Belize and eat local food. This was the perfect place for us! Nothing super fancy, but friendly staff, delicious food and drinks, gorgeous beach, our own beach cabana, and fun tours. A big thanks to everyone at the Green Parrot for making our honeymoon so incredible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Parrot Beach Houses is located in Southern Belize on the Placencia peninsula. We have a total of 8 individual beach cabanas to serve our guests needs. All of our units are on the beach. In addition, we have our own bar and restaurant. The Green Parrot Resort serves a wide variety of customers- adventure travelers, divers, fishermen and women, weddings, college groups, religious service groups, and beach lovers. You can arrange all of your tours through the Green Parrot Office. We prescreen our tour guides so that you get the best adventure experience for the dollar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Green Parrot Beach Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Parrot Beach Houses Hotel Placencia
- Green Parrot Beach Hotel
- Green Parrot Beach Resort
- Green Parrot Beach Houses Belize/Placencia