Two years ago we stayed at the Placencia Hotel and during a morning bicycle ride we discovered the Singing Sands Inn. We enjoyed a terrific breakfast at the Bonefish Grill. We were later introduced to the owner after expressing our fondness of the resort. She showed us around the resort and opened the beach front cabana for our viewing. We really liked the ambience and pledged to return for a future vacation.
We recently just accomplished that goal and enjoyed a full week living out of Cabana number 1. The Singing Sand Inn is well maintained just like the photographs. The service and quality to detail warrants recognition. If your looking for all the convenience of home this will not be the place for you. There are no TV's, telephones, air conditioners, microwaves, stoves, etc. The rooms just have the basics and if you need a private bathroom them maybe the Placencia Hotel or the like will be better suited for you.
All in all we enjoyed a great week here and savored the beauty of the entire establishment. You can get more details form other reviews. There are quite a few rocks off the end of the pier with several fish so if you have not been to the reef for some of the best snorkeling/diving in the world, this would be a good place to get some experience before venturing to some of the best snorkeling the Belize reef has to offer.
The service is outstanding for a small establishment in Belize. They arranged a taxi to and from the airport which was on time and trouble free. Free use of bicycles. I asked and was provided snorkeling gear to explore their offering at the end of the pier. The grounds are continually maintained. The hammocks are well placed and great places to nap and/or relax.
In summary, it was an adventure and everything as advertised. We are more fond of the luxuries of life and will more than likely be returning for a 3-Pete to Xanadu Island Resort in San Pedro Ambergris Caye the next time we are looking for a tropical beach front resort with beautiful tropical landscaping with all the amenities. This is a personal opinion so read several reviews prior to making your decision. Singing Sands has been a great experience and we will surely stop by during our next stop in Placencia to have a drink, a meal , walk the grounds, say hello to the staff and reminisce our past experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia