“Lovely Quite Resort, Excellent Staff”
Review of Singing Sands Inn

Singing Sands Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Lovely Quite Resort, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We loved our stay at Singing Sands. We visited in the off season (November) and it was lovely, despite mosquitoes. The location is somewhat remote (which provides a nice escape), so I would recommend renting a car. The staff of Singing Sands as well as the Bonefish, are so genuinely friendly, that we left feeling like they were part of our extended family!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabana, and they did not have AC, but it cooled off enough at night enough, that it w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Lskeland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Heads up Americans if you are thinking of vacation in Belize, save your time & $ do yourself a favor go to the FL keys . Same plants same water/reefs same animals same food same fishing, & you can drink the water in FL. It cost more in Belize .taxi to go 6 miles $20+ US dollars spa treatments if u can find a good clean place is $150us per person , Doritos a small bag $ 7 ect... The locals try to get ur $ for plastic crap gifts with sad stories to tell . If you leave your resort the beaches are stacked with liter that washes up, syringe ,glass bottles ect...
As for singing sands the staff is amazing they go above and beyond for you. The owners not so much. We stayed for a week on our honeymoon during the slow season ate breakfast lunch & dinner / drinks bought shirts from their gift shop used their tour guides ate at their sister resort (we spent good $) not 1 time did they wave hello or stop by the table to talk , heck even chillies restruant manager will check on you. If you want the hot water to work In the shower you must turn on the sink
1st and leave it on hot during the shower. The mosquito net above the beds are just for looks do not open up they are dusty dirty full of holes and stink of mold. Save $ & comforts Americans go to the keys!

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I loved this place. Only had 8 rooms so it was never crowded. It felt like we had our own little piece of paradise! The staff was great and the food was amazing. I was a little worried about there not being any air conditioning but it was sooo cool at night. its about 15 minutes from Placencia which we liked. They arrange rental car, excursions, had a taxi waiting for us at the airport. We purchased the optional meal plan and it was a great value. We would love to visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zimroo
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This review is a bit over due, but I recently traveled to Los Cabo and was reminded of how amazing this vacation was! Having traveled to several countries there is something about Belize that stands out, and in particular the hospitability! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Everyone was extremely personable and it made the trip unforgettable! The cabanas were simple and elegant, the restaurant was delicious, and all of the adventures you could hope for were planned right from there. It truly was a worry-free vacation. Simply let a staff member know what trips you are interested in and they handle the rest, even getting you from your room or the beach when transportation was ready to pick you up. The staff member, including the owner took the time to learn your name and truly wanted to ensure you were enjoying yourself. The resort is literally on the ocean and kayaking and snorkeling gear are at your disposal! I could go on and on, but the point is this was the best vacation I’ve ever had and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank abarman2
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel property really is beautiful and peaceful. I had a hard time figuring out how to rate this hotel, as it is a wonderful property, but I just don't think it is a place that I would return to. However, it really depends on what you are looking for. This hotel is in an amazing location and is quiet and soooo relaxing. I usually prefer to stay outside of town in quiet locations, but I felt a little trapped at this hotel. I was traveling alone and felt like you really had to give in to the "packaged vacation" mentality to enjoy it here, which I don't really like. They could arrange taxis, tours, anything you want, but it really had to go through the hotel at a high price. I ended up just taking the bus into town which was cheap and pretty fun. My two other complaints are that I got about 50 sand fly bites on each leg while there (wear your deet at night) and the original room I had (room with A/C, not cabana) was very dark and depressing. I was lucky to be switched to one of the cabanas. I would rate this hotel much lower if I had to stay in the A/C rooms. Anyway, this really is a beautiful place and would be ideal if you are willing to go through the hotel for arranging everything. If you are more of an independent traveler, you may want to stay closer to town in Placencia, given the high price of the taxis.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ToddyD
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at Singing Sands for a week in August. This was the perfect spot for me, considering I was traveling alone for the first time. My package took care of everything for me - food, excursions, lodging, and total relaxation on the beach and by the pool! The entire staff was amazingly friendly and helpful throughout my entire stay. I felt like once I arrived, they took care of everything for me. All I had to do was sit back in one of the hammocks and relax! The food was delicious, my cabana was simple yet comfortable, and the 3 excursions I went on (Mayan Ruins tour, snorkeling at Silk Caye, and Monkey River tour), were adventures of a lifetime. I highly recommend this small, peaceful resort for anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank sciteacher24
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We ate at Singing Sands 3 times in our recent visit to Placencia. The restaurant, Bonefish, I believe, is World Class. Think "Island Fresh Cuisine" with an Asian Attitude. A beautiful, intimate room, with the best staff on the Island. If you happen to meet Michael, one of the owners, see if you can talk him out of an after dinner shot of his (soon to be) famous Sandhill Coffee Liquor.

Dawn and Allen Willey