Our stay at Singing Sands was everything we hoped it would be and more!
After spending several days in Placencia Village, we had made reservations to move up the beach a bit for a little more peace and quiet. Initially varying between excited and nervous about spending over a week in Maya Beach (8+miles from Placencia Village), as soon as we checked in we knew we were correct in choosing it. What a beautiful property! We were shown to our cabana, but once the proprietor realized it was our honeymoon, she immediately led us to a different cabana, #1, which is off on its own, away from all the others. What a nice and thoughtful thing to do! (We were later informed that #1 is the most requested, hardly ever vacant one, and for good reason.) It was like we were on our own beach: private deck, our own hammock, and nothing between us and the Caribbean Sea but sand and palm trees!
The room was beautiful, just like you see on their website. It had screen windows all around, was romantic, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Over the eight nights there, we enjoyed an incredible off-shore breeze that kept the cabana cool (so much so we never minded the absence of AC). Housekeeping was efficient. We had zero concerns with theft. The only thing that was challenging was keeping the water in the shower at a constant temperature, it kept fluctuating from scalding to cool, no matter how delicately we adjusted the knobs. Nonetheless, we decided this was a minor inconvenience in Central America.
The entire staff was accommodating and extremely friendly, remembering and using our names, and providing us with anything we asked. The bartenders made excellent drinks, and easily ran tabs for us throughout the day which were signed to the room; none of them had extra items or phantom charges added to them. The restaurant had excellent choices, but were slightly limited in scope, working from a combination of local and asian influences. We chose to dine there regularly, with some ventures out to some of the local spots as well.
Singing Sands also has an association with a number of excursions and tours which they booked for us (and also simply charged to the room). It was very simple, taking just a conversation with the concierge to arrange everything. And each time transportation was arranged from the inn itself without any other charges. Having done some research into other companies, their prices were very competitive. The tours themselves were excellent in all regards.
We visited Belize just after the beginning of the off (rainy) season. We enjoyed every moment we spent at Singing Sands. For the cost, we couldn't have been taken care of any better. Every moment there we, we felt like we should have been paying twice as much. What a beautiful and romantic place to stay. We definitely know we will be back to stay again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia