“Buffet awesome!”

Description: Part of Roberts Grove Resort
Victoria, Bc
“Buffet awesome!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The Saturday night buffet is amazing, lobster, fish, chicken, roast pork, and roast beef you can cut with a fork! And Caramelized banana crepes with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzle for dessert. Service is excellent too.

1 Thank hopero

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Needs to be fixed”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We came to Seaside after being disappointed by the food at the other options at Robert's Grove. The food options are initially impressive, and the candlelit seaside atmosphere is incredible. I personally loved the chill, moody, electronic jazz music that was playing--found it quite appropriate for such a romantic setting. Unfortunately, both my date and I were unimpressed by our food. I ordered the whole snapper with coconut ratatouille and after waiting for about half an hour, I was informed I would not be able to get the whole snapper, but the filet instead, which I was fine with. When the filet came, I had no ratatouille, and the fish was average at best. At the end of our dinner, we waited for probably 45 minutes to flag down a waiter to finally get our check. I'm not the most assertive person, so I'm used to being patient, but the service was surprisingly underwhelming. It would certainly be nice if Robert's Grove offered a restaurant that could compare to some of the other options in Placencia but it doesn't. It's a shame that such a beautiful restaurant/location doesn't have food/service to match. Better to head to the village for numerous better options!

• Visited January 2014
West Simsbury, Connecticut
“Wide variety and a great view”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This restaurant is at the Robert's Grove Beach Resort. We ate there several times. The Saturday buffet was exquisite (although it had to be moved inside due to the weather). Seafood was fresh and the BBQ ribs were fall-off-the-bone delicious.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BillR2
Belize City, Belize
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The Best EVER!!!

I stayed at Roberts Grove over the Easter Break and had a wonderful time. Food & Service was excellent and I enjoyed the friendly staff and atmosphere. I am hoping to go back in December with friends.

Melting Pot of Culture both local dishes and international dishes served with a smile!!!

• Visited March 2013
Batavia, Illinois
“Why all the nay sayers?”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Decided on the Seaside Restaurant as our last hoorah of vacation. Read all the reviews and was VERY skeptical. The service was definitely not at the same level as restaurants in the US, but it was as good as we've had in Belize. Some people just dont understand that this is a cultural thing. The atmosphere is fantastic. We both had snapper, one garlic sautéed and one blackened. The fish was huge, incredibly fresh, and cooked perfectly. Perhaps they've made an effort to better the restaurant, but we both felt it was outstanding. Two huge fish entrees and two drinks with tip cost about $50 US. Far cheaper than it would have cost us back home in Chicago. I hope this dinner marks a turning point for the Seaside Restaurant. Give it a try.

• Visited May 2013