“The best service I have experienced in all of Belize...”
Review of A Belizean Nirvana

A Belizean Nirvana
Ranked #1 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“The best service I have experienced in all of Belize...”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I am an avid traveller and have been to many different countries around the globe, so I know excellent service when I see it.

From the moment I stopped by the office to inquire about a room on a Sunday afternoon, I was greeted by Barbara, the owner, She was extremely friendly and very welcoming. Within just a few minutes of checking in and getting settled into my room she invited me to join her and her husband Evan to go fishing with them. What a treat that was! I have never been fishing in my life! I absolutely enjoyed their company, they made me feel like part of the family. We caught 3 fish and I got to even reel one in!! Evan is also an amazing cook, I was also treated to some home cooked stew chicken with rice and beans before heading out to sea.

I stayed in the Morning Glory room, upstairs, next to the Namaste suite which is where Barbara and Evan live. I am a solo female traveller so it really felt safe and secure knowing they were right next door to me.

The suite consists of a kitchen with everything you would need from coffee maker, tea kettle, toaster, fridge, microwave, utensils, you name it they have thought of it. The bathroom has a stand up shower with plenty of nice lush towels, you also have beach towels in your room!! So you don't have to go and look for someone and ask for them. The sheets on the bed at 5000 thread count, soooo comfy and clean. Flat screen TV, AC, ceiling fans, nice luxurious furniture inside and outside the suite. The outdoor patio has hooks for 2 hammocks overlooking the beautiful sea. I could sit out there all day listening to the waves crashing. It is so peaceful and relaxing. I sat on the patio every morning with my coffee and watched the staff rake the beach. Even the beach is kept immaculate!

I am absolutely impressed with everything Belizean Nirvana has to offer! It feels like a 7 star boutique hotel, from service to amenities, everything was perfect!!!!

I budgeted to stay for only 2 nights but like I said I am sooo impressed and feel so good here, I stayed and extra night. I could honestly live here, it is that good! I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say or point out.

Free Bonuses are: free bike use, free kayaks, free sunscreen, free pick up and drop off from Placencia airstrip, free continental breakfast

I am so sad to leave and hope I can return one day.

Thank you Barbara and Evan for making my stay so enjoyable, keep up the excellent job!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HanaAlwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Goliad, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed our second visit at Belizean Nirvana, Placencia, Belize, June 8 - 10. Evan and his staff have added some amenities that made our stay even better than before! At Belizean Nirvana, one can enjoy a pristine beach area, raked daily and adorned with high end loungers. The semi-private verandas boast comfortable furniture, hammocks, and a laundry line. There's also an outdoor shower attached to each lower level porch! Inside the rooms, you'll find beautiful, top-quality furnishings, cabinetry, huge tiled shower, and a safe for visitors' use. The rooms are extremely rooftop, partially covered veranda where breakfast is served every morning. The palette-pleasing breakfast consists of boiled eggs, homemade breads, meat pies, fresh fruit and juice, cheeses, and tasty Belizean coffee! We dealt with Evan's lead staff member Caroline. She was always friendly and helpful. A Belizean Nirvana is a top-notch place to stay in Belize. We will return!

Room Tip: The views from all levels of this 3-story hotel are amazing. Every room was planned out and is tende...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Barnett1215
nyc
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed here for a week at the end of april, and I so didn't want to leave. It is in a great location--in town but on the beach, and the hotel is new, and extremely well maintained. The owner (host, really) and staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. My room was spotless, everything worked well, including the wi fi. When the power in the village went out one night, (not an uncommon occurrence in central america) the hotel's generator literally kicked in thirty seconds later.

A few examples of the hotel's service/attention to detail--one night, Evan organized cocktails and snacks on the rooftop deck which was a nice way to meet other travelers, especially for a solo traveller. At breakfast, I asked whether they had a fruit (the mamey) which I used to have when I lived in mexico, and it appeared at breakfast the next day. When I asked if they had a beach umbrella, they did not, but Sam, who seemed to do everything at the hotel, made one for me to keep me protected from sun, and then had it set up every morning for me for the rest of my stay.

Placencia village is low key, with friendly people. I felt safe the entire trip. The beach is clean, not crowded, and the water generally calm. I was lazy and went to the beach every day, but there are many opportunities for day trips/excursions. The village has enough restaurants, both american owned (more expensive) and local (in my opinion, better food). There is also a great coffee place (brewed awakenings--terrific lattes), an unbelievable gelato shop, and a little place on the "sidewalk" near the hotel with awesome cinnamon rolls.

I've been to other parts of belize, and placencia is by far my favorite. I am already thinking about a return trip next year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank valerie721
East Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

There is always something negative about any hotel experience, it's the nature of the beast, but there is nothing we can say bad about this B&B Inn on the beach. Zero complaints, would have to work hard to find one. Beach is raked and immaculate every morning. Rooms are large beyond belief w/ high end finishes. Staff is overly helpful. Breakfast is superb. Bikes and airport pickup are complimentary. Warm water shower outside. A/C in all rooms. TV & internet in room. Every single detail accounted for....... Not to stay here is an oversight.....

Room Tip: Oleander on first floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This intimate hotel has an ideal location in the village, the rooms all have views across the sea and are steps from the beach. Our room was tastefully furnished with real attention to detail, bed was very comfortable. The beach is kept clean and there are sun beds and ocean kayaks for guest use. We loved the roof terrace with its views, very relaxing and enjoyed the continental breakfast here with locally made jams. If you want to be close to the village, but still enjoy beach and luxury then this is the ideal place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ng5743
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Paradise is being a guest at Nirvana. Rooms that open onto the Carribean only a few steps away. There is a great attention to detail and luxury in all rooms and service is helpful and efficient. Evan and the staff really make you feel at home. There are lots of activities which suited my husband as he enjoyed a day out fishing and we could cook some of the fish he caught. The hotel is located centrally in town, so is close to shops and restaurants which have great food and are really affordable. The variety of rum based cocktails available has to be seen to be believed and we felt a lot of research was needed to find the best one. The dollar goes a long way in Belize and the climate is great, people are friendly and it is easy to get about. Thank you Evan and Barbara for making this such a memorable holiday. You really have created Nirvana and I want to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies ten metres from the Carribean, you can't do better than that.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2013

In my opinion the best place to visit in Belize if you are looking for paradise and relaxation. The cool breeze and warm waters are unparalleled. The service and accommodations are stellar. Activities and /or lazy days await you. Don't think twice, book your trip today!

Room Tip: Beachfront is the way to go.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family