“Perfectly perfect!!”

Ranked #1 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Perfectly perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Perfect location, in the center of Placencia village. Restaurants, shops, bars are, at most, 10 minutes away.

Perfect and secure accommodation with great attention to detail. We, three adults, stayed in the Namaste suite, on the second floor, a well appointed one bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms, one of which included a huge jacuzzi, a large living area with a queen sized futon, six seater dining table and a magazine style kitchen with everything one could possibly need. We lacked nothing. The large balcony, overlooking the private beach, had comfortable chairs and hammocks to go with the sound of the waves below. If it had rained all weekend I would still have been happy. Complimentary, continental breakfast was served on the roof and what a view!

The friendly and caring staff is available but not intrusive.

I can't say enough good things about Nirvana. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gina's Hot Saic... S
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review, and come back to visit us soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I wish I were intelligent enough, articulate enough to KNOW I was going to convince you. If you haven't booked your room here yet, do it now. Please. You don't know me, but I, your fellow traveler, am speaking to you as a friend.

A quick word about Placencia in general. This isn't a sprawling, towering, shiny resort kind of town. The beach, being protected by an offshore barrier reef, isn't subjected to the eroding surf that renders the sand a powdered sugar consistency. Its more like raw cane sugar. A little more coarse, therefore it doesnt pack as easily and walking it for endless miles is slightly more cumbersome (though in all fairness a slightly better workout). You won't find 20 story behemoths of resorts with twelve restaurants and 16 bars on site. What you WILL find is a charming, warm, friendly town that will fill a bit less like a vacation, and a bit more like a second home.

Back to the resort. A Belizean Nirvana is a gem. A wonderful, well kept, well stocked, yet small and warm, cordial, and breathtaking gem. The rooms are gorgeous (if you care about such things, I stayed in the first floor Hibiscus room). You are awarded a fantastic view of the ocean, mere steps from your bed. It comes equipped with a refrigerator (that Barbara and Evan, the proprietors, had graciously contacted me and asked if they could stock prior to my arrival), an upscale bathroom and tiled shower, a sitting area, and plenty of love. I was provided with a local cell phone (included in your rate), and pickup at the local airstrip by Evan himself (also included). Evan greeted me like an old friend, though we had never met. He picked me up, offered to drive me around town so I could get my bearings, then showed me all around the property (including the stunning rooftop veranda). His wife, a gracious, charming, wonderful lady met us when we arrived. The greeting was just as warm. These are fine people who go out of their way to ensure you have the time of your life. Some highlights:
They serve a continental breakfast, complete with local fresh fruit, well done pastry, at this time some incredible guava jelly, a great start to the day...on the afforementioned stunning veranda. One night (I stayed only four, and could have easily stayed for 40...and yes, I over use parenthesis breaks), Evan and Barbara arranged a reception on the roof with rum punch and some nice finger foods that they had made. The next, they cooked an entire dinner out of some barracuda I had caught on a fishing trip that morning...that Evan and Barbara had of course helped me book. Luckily a couple other people staying there, who were obviously more skilled than I, had caught a very nice wahoo also, so we had plenty to go 'round. Do I even need to tell you that the meal was BEYOND fantastic? I could go on and on. Please. I implore you. If you're already intelligent enough to want to come to Placencia...be intelligent enough to stay here. Happy travels to you!

Room Tip: The three rooms on the ground floor are all 1 room suites. I think they have a two room suite and a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank dnruth22
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Dave, we had a great time with you and hope that you will come back to visit us soon. Thank you for your kind review.
Belize city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for two nights and I cant complain about it. Since we arrived the staff gave us a personalized attention and made me feel like they knew us from a long time ago! I honestly loved the room as it had all what a tourist would need for a trip to the beach. I honestly did not expect free continental breakfast so that was really good. At the end of our short holiday I was so sad to leave, I wished I could stay there a bit longer. They have complementary Kayaks which i tried for the 1st time and the beach was beautiful and clean

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelerpuki
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your review - come back soon and stay longer.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was just wonderful! We got upgraded and lucky we did because the 2 first nights, it was pouring rain so all we did was stay indoors and read our books on the hammock outside the balcony! The room was soooo comfortable and clean that it felt like home! Evan, the owner, is such a nice guy! The Belizean Nirvana is also centrally located and that's the main reason I picked this place, no regrets at all! The complimentary bfast was great too with alot of variety each morning. Can't say enough about this place, it's just a GEM!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RahKing
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your review - come back and visit us again.
Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Something really people have to try! The hotel is in a nice place with a wonderfull private beach..the rooms are nice and very comfortable....and very clean! All the people are nice and they can help you anyhow...my experience is....i think i was in a paradise...i was!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pilat75P
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us - we really appreciate it - hope you will come back to Belize, and definitely Placencia and Nirvana.
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Beautiful room, great service and amenities, considerate recommendations of local activities, and a fine value--This is what we found here. I felt like I knew Evan and his staff already when I met them and will go there directly next time I am in Placencia!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karl r
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we appreciate it. And yes please come back. Our goal is to make you feel special.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our stay at Nirvana was one of the best romantic getaway me and my husband have had in years. The Amenities: 4Stars- exquisite decorative rooms, modern and top-of-the-line quality. The most beautiful wooden floors we have ever seen! Breakfast was more than we expected, included local Belizean bread and pastry, local fruit of the season and delicious local home-made preserves. Our room overlooked the beach, with a veranda furnished with a hammock (my husband's favorite) and very comfortable cushioned beach wicker chairs. The beach offered clean white sand and the water, warm and inviting. The owners/manager Barbara and Evan were friendly, accommodating and professional. We were promptly picked up and safely returned to the local airport as was promised. The staff made themselves available and were reliable and very friendly. We have decided to return for a longer visit next year. We highly recommend Nirvana!
Al and Rose Skeete.

Room Tip: Lower floors more easily accessible to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you Rose and Al - it was our pleasure to host you at Nirvana and we look forward to your visit again next year.

Evan and Barbara