“Truly Awesome and a wonderful experience”
Review of A Belizean Nirvana

A Belizean Nirvana
Ranked #1 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Nirvana was beyond my expectations. I am a huge critic of customer service and hospitality and the owners (Evan and Barbara) along with the staff were top notch. The atmosphere, service and the scenery was beautiful. There were no details untouched. I am planning my 20th year wedding anniversary there and I am truly looking forward to staying at the Nirvana again. Every morning there was continental breakfast on the roof top overseeing the ocean. What a lovely place

I do have a suggestion that it would be really nice to have an evening event on the roof top with a band for the guests.

Vanessa

Vanessa Mack

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We spent 4 nights with Evan and Barbara the end of June. There were 5 of us (2 adults, 3 young adult / teens). We had the whole 2nd floor - rooms Namaste and Morning Glory. This is perfect for families since the rooms are adjoining. The view is amazing and it is right on the beach. You have everything you need here: A fantastic place to sleep and all the amenities you need as a traveler. They also have a laundry service. The cost was $15 BZ per load. We had an absolute gigantic mound of clothes and it was done in one load!! You are walking distance to anything you would need in the village. Be sure to talk to Evan and Barbara about things you want to do. They have an arsenal of great information!! We would go back in a heartbeat. My 20 year old son wants to come back next year for 3 weeks!!

If you have any teen / young adult soccer players, the locals are very welcoming if you want to join the play. My 20 year old had an absolute blast playing soccer with them. (If you like basketball there is usually a game going on in town as well.)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric N
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Evan & Barbara are great hosts and our room was AMAZING. Beautiful beach view, close to everything, clean, quiet, and relaxing. This was the last leg of our trip and we wanted a nice place to stay after our 3 day excursion on Ragamuffin tours that brought us to Placencia. Needless to say, this was exactly what we were hoping for. The best place to stay in Placencia, bar none.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I took my girlfriend to Placencia for her birthday and Mother's Day. I could not have stayed at a better place. It has breathtaking views and the rooms are so specious and very comfortable. We enjoyed ourself so much. Thank you so much to Evan & Barbara for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DJfabulous
Reviewed 12 May 2014

How can I say enough good things about Belizean Nirvana? Evan and Barbara are the owners and Evan was there to meet us at Placencia airport when we landed. He and Barbara are so warm and friendly, it felt as if we have known them for years.

Nirvana is located centrally in town, so Evan gave us a quick tour/intro to Placencia on the way, pointing out restaurants and the like. When we arrived, Nas was there to meet us and take our bags to our suite. First off, the property is beautiful. We stayed in Namaste, and the attention to detail was amazing. I think they thought of everything - hammocks on the balcony, plush bathrobes, jacuzzi tub, multiple shower heads, quality linens, a pitcher of cold filtered water in the fridge. My poor Mister was only able to enjoy the master bathroom the first night. After that, he was relegated to using the second full bathroom in the suite, as I kept the master bath all to myself!

The property is located right on the beach and all rooms have a gorgeous ocean view. Nas is up early every morning raking the sand, and the beach is very well maintained. The suite itself, and all of the common areas are so clean! I travel extensively and you will never catch me without my slippers on in a hotel room. However, Nirvana is spotless. I didn't think twice about walking around barefoot. Also, all these complaints about seagrass? Maybe it's more so in San Pedro, but we waded right out into the water with no issue. Water is warm and clear in front of Nirvana.

The continental breakfast that is included in your rate is a very nice touch. It's served on their rooftop patio, and is just enough to get your day going. We found that after breakfast, we would only need a light snack in the afternoon and then walk (<5 minute walk) into town for a nice dinner.

Without going into detail, I will say that I had a couple of very specific plans for our trip. I'm quite "particular". I shared these plans with Barbara and she didn't bat an eyelash. She told me they would take care of everything, and not to worry. Barbara, Evan, and their staff, including Carolyn, took care of ALL the plans for our beach wedding, the tours that we wanted to go on, and basically everything that we wanted and more. Our stay there was PERFECT. We were scheduled to go to Hatchet Caye for the latter part of our trip, and we honestly did not want to leave. Our first night at Nirvana, we were already planning when we will return.

I highly recommend Nirvana to anyone visiting Belize. The location is perfect. The property is perfect. The owners and staff are amazing. We are selfish and don't want to share this jewel but, sadly, we cannot stay there full time. We will be back, so don't be upset if you get bumped from Namaste upon our return! ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natashia c
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my second time staying there and I must say I am going back. The owners Barbara and Evan are very nice and accommodating hosts. The rooms are lovely and and kept immaculately. At your disposal you can use the bikes and the kayaks that are on the premises. The beach is a few feet from your front door with lounge chairs to relax after a day of swimming. The roof top captures a breath taking view of Placencia, which to me surmises the name, Nirvana. Here one can sit and take in the sun and enjoy the cool breeze as you truly enjoy your vacation in a place of perfect peace and happiness.
Tony Clarke Staten Island, NY

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A Belizean Nirvana is truly synonymous with paradise! Our 2-night stay here was nothing short of spectacular! Proprietors Barbara and Evan are unique in their commitment to excellence! 100% satisfied!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends