“Excellent Beach Bar !”

Ranked #13 of 78 Restaurants in Placencia
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Tipsy Tuna Seaside Bar offers great food & drinks. Great family atmosphere, live entertainment, games and more. The Tipsy Tuna Sports Bar is a great late night spot that offers pay per view sporting events on multiple televisions, dancing, karaoke & billiards.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Who doesn't love a bar with a sand floor ? We watch most of the FIFA World Cup at the Tipsy Tuna. They had televisions setup inside and out. Cold beer and some good beach bar food.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A daily special of drinks and food,& just the right amount. Pretty good service too. We ate there 2 times in a week.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have enjoyed many meals at Tipsy Tuna, mainly breakfast and lunch. It is a popular setting to begin the day catching up with the news via CNN over breakfast.

I especially enjoyed sitting on the beach and being served food and drink. I dine here every time I visit Placencia,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Right next to Barefoot Bar and another excellent choice for having a drink, watching a sports event, or having dinner. I've had a couple of their entrees with Jerk Chicken and it is outstanding. Just the right amount of spice to make it taste great without being too much.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Were there only for a drink, so I can only talk about the bar:
Had to wait forever to have our order taken although we were sitting right at the bar - a coke, a Baileys on the rocks and the drink of the day. Not very difficult.
1. They brought a beer, which we had not ordered
2. They told us they went out of coke (at 7pm). But we finally got our coke when the bartender saw a colleague serving a bottle
3. They punched the Baileys with milk
4. They started mixing the drink of the day and did some other orders inbetween with the actually ready drink in the shaker. So when we got the drink, the other two had almost finished theirs...
Not the end of the world, I know. But all in all it was so slow and inefficient that I don't even want to know how the kitchen is. And we are talking about low season...