This was our 2nd time at Maya Breeze and we won't be coming back. The first time we stayed at the Breeze it was perfect. Quiet on the beach and not a lot of people. We booked again knowing it had a new owner and he was adding a swimming pool which we were looking forward too. We had no idea he built a bar near our cabin. (we stayed in cabin A again) When we checked in the manager said, "I hope you don't mind the noise from the bar?" The bar is really close to all the cabins near the water and we weren't the only people complaining.
It was all downhill from there. Don't try and sit on the beach after noon with loud music playing. In the evening the music and people at the bar were loud enough to keep us up past midnight.
Plenty of drunk people and smoking weed.
The staff was excellent all around. Most of the same people from our first visit in 2007.
Now if you want a noisy bar near your cabin until the wee hours this place is for you. We were very disappointed and won't be coming back. Stay at Singing Sands or Maya Beach for the same $$ without the riffraff or noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maya Breeze Inn is located on the Placencia Peninsula in Maya Beach, Belize, Central America. Maya or Tropic Air Airlines service the Placencia area several times a day or you can rent a car and drive from Belize City. The Inn consists of four beach cabins (for a total of five units) facing the Caribbean sea, a main lodge with the Inn's office and four guest rooms on the Placencia Lagoon, all with air conditioning,cable tv, refrigerators, hot water, fans, lock boxes and private balconies. The Inn has internet service for those who need to check in back home.Maya Breeze Inn caters to those guests who are looking for active adventure tours. Scuba diving, snorkeling and prime fishing grounds are found only a few miles offshore. Day trips can be arranged to explore the river, jungles, bird watching, Maya ruins, cave, peninsula tour, exploration or even mountain rappelling.You can walk the beach, swim in the ocean, play beach volleyball, go kayaking, ride bicycles, moped rentals, beach bbq, or relax on our white sandy beach with a cold beverage from our Tiki Beach Bar or sway in hammock under a palm tree. Come cool off in our beautiful Pool with its spectacular waterfall. For lunch and dinner there are a variety of restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance of the Inn or choose from a variety of restaurants that provide courtesy transfers. We can also arrange transportation to Placencia to shop or dine in local restaurants.Mayabreeze inn is presently under new ownership/management and wants to invite all its clients past and present to come experience true tropical vacation with us, once again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maya Breeze Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Breeze Hotel Placencia
- Maya Breeze Inn Belize/Placencia