“Good budget accomodation but room selection is key”
Review of Seaspray Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Placencia
Seaspray Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Regina, Canada
“Good budget accomodation but room selection is key”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This older style Motel- Bungalow is a nice budget accommodation.. We really liked our particular room and stay but noticed the room location and amenities varied greatly. If we returned we would almost certainly return here but on the condition of getting the same room. We stayed in the Seaview II. It has a second floor balcony with the view of the ocean and a large tree somewhat in front of the balcony which gives you more privacy and has lots of hummingbirds in it. The Seaview I next to us would be good too but the tree blocks a lot of the view to the sea in that room. Our room was VERY close to the Detach restaurant Previously I had reviews of noise from the staff etc and was concerns. We however stayed over a weekend, what I presumed may be a noisier time and never found sounds from the Detach an issue. we occasionally heard some sound but nothing disturbing and it was quiet by 10pm every night.. I had thought about getting the Cabana here. I was so glad I didn't as it's deck and the detach are VERY VERY CLOSE. With no real privacy. I would have been so disappointed. There were two other rooms on the second building at the end that had great views of the ocean and reasonable privacy and would consider them. What was nice about the Seaview rooms was the sea breeze can go in one side and out the other. This made for great ventilation and a comfortable sleep. Seaview I has AC but we didn't. Because of the breeze it was not an issue. Other rooms do not have this ability to have windows/ventilation on two sides and imagine they could get warm. The room itself was well equipped with all the basics for a kitchenette. The room was clean and the king side bed was very comfortable. A nice big safe was also appreciated. It had a smal flat screen tv that we never turned on. Wifi was free and some of the fastest we experienced in Belize. Our deck railing was a little scary. You would not want to stumble and hope for it to stop you as it is barely staying in place. The staff were pleasant and helpful. We really liked our stay here, but as advice to others, You should pick your room with care.

Room Tip: Stay in Seaview 2 or Seaview 1
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Bubbavon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Right on the sea front & a really good price. Really helpful & friendly staff. My mistake was to ask for a room without aircon right at the end of dry season when the heat & humidity were being to pick up. We transferred into an aircon room with balcony & hammock on the last night. The upgrade was well worth it. You get so much more in your room for just a bit extra cash

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AndyKiddier
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We selected the Seabreeze room because it was advertised as having a private deck with deck chairs and a hammock. However it is not really private - it is only separated from the main hotel walkway with a small gate that doesn't latch. Often the deck would be used by other guests - especially those wanting to smoke and talk (right outside our open bedroom windows) late at night. When we mentioned our disappointment to the staff they did put up a sign (that no one could see). Other than the issues with the deck, the room was a great choice. The room was spacious and clean. The bathrooms could use some updating but everything was functional. It was steps from the beach and had uninterrupted sea breezes which is a necessity! The room had a small fridge which came in very handy.

The location of the hotel is perfect - on the edge of town, close enough to walk to everything but far enough removed from any noise.

The service was hit and miss. Every time we walked through the office, the staff was on the computer checking their Facebook. When I asked if I could borrow the computer for a minute, I was flatly refused and told I could use the free WIFI. I explained that we did not travel with a phone or laptop and she simply looked at us in disbelief. She was unable to refer us to an internet cafe either.

Despite our few issues, I would still recommend Seaspray. The price was reasonable for the quality and location. The beach at the hotel was one of the best we saw in Placencia. It is also convenient to have De Tatch next door for breakfast.

Room Tip: The Seabreeze room is immediately off the beach. It gets uninterrupted sea breezes which are necessa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed for just under a week here with no issues, room was clean, good location, staff was helpful, and wifi worked. I was in the cheapest room they had which was perfect for one person, would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank aventuredriven
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was in Placencia recently for a dive trip and stayed at the Seaspray Hotel.
The location was perfect with a lovely beach, nice restaurant and service, and great sea breeze.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend for travelers that either are looking for quiet time with the sea or enjoy being in the midst of the local scene.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bmax101
London, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Booked in for 2 nights. Check in staff ignored me-actually thought I may have developed super power of invisibility! But, other staff were very pleasant. The rooms were small but very clean and the location is excellent. Near enough the main village for supplies, next to De Tatch and on a fab beach. Good Wi-Fi, a fridge for snacks. Kind of noisy. I was on a second floor balcony room in the middle and everyone going by could be heard. No a/c.

Room Tip: Beach front (more $) or ask for end unit on balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leigh S
Cloverdale, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My fiance and I stayed here new years eve but we were upgraded so I am not sure how helpful my review will be unless you stay at Heavens Gate Cabana. We checked in and were told they had overbooked so we were not staying at the main hotel but instead about 1/4 mile north in a private cabana. It was a very nice open cabana with mini kitchen and large bathroom. We shared the cabana with a gecko who minded his own business except for an occasion squeak. There was a nice hammock on the deck and two sun chairs to lay on surrounded by palm trees, this was a true beachfront cabana. We had a great night out at Barefoot bar and Tipsy Tuna. If you arrive by night drive slow as the road is super narrow and you may miss the sign for the hotel. The parking is on a dead end street and there is a place to eat called De-Tatch Cafe which has an awesome fruit bowl for breakfast and beer batter shrimp for dinner. Remember everything is laid back in Belize so it takes a while to place an order with the waitress and receive the food.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple