“Good value and on the beach”
Review of Seaspray Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Placencia
Seaspray Hotel
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel has been there a long time and has a great location. Its right on the beach and the walk way, Its basic and there can be a few sand flys that come in with the flowers they put in your room so make sure you have some bug dope.
There are kitchenettes available for longer stays but the De Thatch next door is well priced and easier than cooking yourself.

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms would be better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times now and dont try booking any where else, its clean, comfortable,affordable. The DA THACH has some of the best food and plenty of it, it has a full bar that makes the best margaritas in placencia, but the staff makes the restaurant happen, they are very polite cheerful and the cooks are some of the best around, we caught barracuda and yellow jack fish the cooks did an amazing job fixing us a huge dinner all in all every trip I have gone there has been just fabulous, I will be returning there every 4 months for rest and relaxation

Room Tip: I always reserve room 13 it has a small patio that seats 10 { I know because we had that many over f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I hear laughter pouring from Lobby on arrival and that was a good sign of things to come. Room is basic not huge but super clean. Maids make sure you have clean towels and everyone bends over backwards to make you happy. Well run hotel in great area. Spring for the larger room to get a hammock, my one mistake and this hotel is sold out all the time. Many of the people staying here come back year after year. We loved placensia and will be coming back to seaspray next year. Restaurant just feet away from room is great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We just arrived at the hotel this morning to find the room we had booked, was not vacated by the previous people and they could not be found. So they put us in another room which was fine, until later in the day I realized that the room I had booked, had a private balcony and hammock. And the people that had our room had returned and were not leaving and we couldn't move in because it hadn't been cleaned. So I went to the front desk to complain and Dion promptly checked things out, and moved us to a private cabana instead. Now that's great customer service!!! Nothing beats that. So needless to say, I am hanging in my hammock on my private balcony writing this review praising Dion's great service

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank donnagrl
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We spent our first 3 nights in Belize at the Seaspray Hotel in Placencia. At first, we considered the cayes, but when we found out the locals liked vacationing in Placencia, we decided to head there instead. We never visited the cayes, but Placencia was fantastic.

We booked room #20, but would probably pick room #21 next time. These are the two upstairs rooms overlooking the beach. The room was great. Plenty of space, our own balcony, two chairs and an ottoman, a new fridge, a microwave, TV, bar sink/counter, coffee maker, etc. The bed was very comfortable.

The whole staff was great, but we found particular kinship with Christine and Gloria in the adjoining restaurant/bar, "De Tatch." They were great fun and very warm and welcoming.

The food, drinks, service and view were excellent at De Tatach. While we're sure the owners don't see it as an attraction we also loved hanging out with the few "regular" dogs that like to roam the beach.

The only downside to Seaspray is the late night music that comes from the Barefoot Bar nearby. Not a deal breaker by any means (we plan on returning), but important to know if you're a light sleeper. Also, some mini ants on the counter, but this is to be expected in a tropical environment. Leaving a lime wedge out on the counter seemed to deter them.

When we return to Placencia, we will definitely plan on staying at the Seaspray again.

Room Tip: Rooms 20 and 21 would be our first choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here with one other person and we had an economy room.Our room had two single beds which worked out perfectly. The only difference that I could tell between the economy rooms and the other rooms was that we did not have a balcony with chairs and a hammock. They would have been nice to have, but it was also just as easy to walk the 20 feet to the chairs by the water. The DeTatch was a great place to eat breakfast because it was close (literally ten feet from the hotel), had good food, and was relatively cheep for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights, and moved from room to room as I continued to extend my stay in Placencia. The economy room was perfect for me staying alone. DeTatch was so convenient to go for breakfast every morning, and it was an easy walk home from Barefoot every night! The hotel is literally on the beach and relatively quiet. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you're backpacking solo, the economy room is perfect for one person and only cost me $29 over...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo