“Beaitiful!”
Review of Seaspray Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Placencia
Seaspray Hotel
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous! The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The hammock on the balcony was a very nice touch. The staff were friendly and hospitable.
I definitely recommend this hotel when your in Placencia!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stefanee T

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent four nights in two rooms. Our daughters kept the AC cranking while my wife and I enjoyed the ocean breezes. We sat and read on the covered porch, lounged in the hammocks and enjoyed several of the restaurants that were within easy walking distance. As mentioned by others it is an older Hotel but very clean and we did have hot showers as well as AC. We grabbed a case of beer at a local market and stuck it in the fridge. The small kitchenette was well stocked and we loved the coffee shop just a couple minute walk away. There was no pool but the ocean was right there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A great property for the price. The location was perfect...on the beach, close walking to everything but still nice and quiet. The rooms are modest but immaculate and functional, Our room didn't have AC but did come with a ceiling fan plus two standup fans. A little juggling and we had a comfortable sleep. The De Thatch restaurant next door was great and so convenient. Desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharla k
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Seaspray Hotel. It is a much older hotel, but our room was immaculate! We had one of the AC rooms, and thank God for that! It is very hot in Belize in May, but with the AC, we were quite comfortable. We never did get hot water to the shower, although we had hot water in the sink. But it really didn't matter because the cool water felt good the whole time we were there. Our room had two queen sized beds. They were not the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in, but they were far from the worst, too. We never felt unsafe there, but perhaps that's because we were in the AC room with our windows closed at night. The hotel is right on the sidewalk and an easy walk to many of the restaurants in Placencia. The staff was very friendly and eager to assist. The grounds were lovely. A very good value for the price!

Oh, and we did try De Tatch, but our meal was not good. I had the beer battered fried shrimp and they were quite greasy and made up of way more batter than shrimp. Really couldn't recommend it. Lots better restaurant choices in Placencia.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the AC rooms. Definitely worth the small bump up in price!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poegirl100
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had booked to stay in a Cabana on the beach at Seaspray it was just a slice of heaven. Basic but clean, no air conditioning but this didn't matter as there was a lovely cross breeze through the room and two standing fans which kept us cool at night. The Cabana has a small kitchen with a fridge, toaster, glasses etc which meant we could have breakfast on the porch and drinks in the hammock each night. The staff were very helpful throughout our stay and the location of Seaspray is perfect. I would return tomorrow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mundosuenos
Reviewed 10 May 2014

You can't beat the location, right on the beach, but then so are many other hotels...a lot of effort was put into the presentation of the towels, soaps etc, but the room was rather tired. That said, you get what you pay for and the room was good value.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cyclingmad2011
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

It's too bad that I have to rate this as poor...

I'll start with the good. Amazing and friendly staff that is very helpful! A great touch! Nice rates and a fair room considering. The view and beach were spectacular!

Now the overwhelming poor side of things...

We stayed for two evenings last week and had to wait a short time to check in. The room was ready but they were waiting for a new key to be made for our room (room 18 upstairs). At the time it was not a big deal. On our last night at 3:30 am I was asleep and my son laying on the other bed awake using his tablet when I was awoke by overwhelmingly loud noises. When I jumped up my son said someone just stole my phone (which was charging on the nightstand). I ran out of the room, down the stairs, to the beach and then to the sidewalk at the front of the hotel and saw no one (after my son came out of the room security asked what had happened). I went to the police station to explain what happened they returned with me to assess what happened. When talking to security he explained he was peeing on the beach off of the restaurant (the furthest point of the property) and that there has been several room breakins lately. I went back to the police station and when I returned the security guard was laying in a hammock with all rooms behind him. With the heat we left all louvered windows open for cross ventilation but with any light in the room someone can see in everything inside. As we thought we locked the door we may have not but by being inside the room at the time and with hotel security (who mentioned after the fact that he was security for two locations - maybe a bad idea to leave one attended) I never imagined anything like this could or would happen. Back to waiting to check in to the room because a key was being made, I hate to think that we did actually lock the door but an additional key was made and used to enter the room.

I know this isn't a direct representation of the hotel but when I went back to the police station to fill out a report I was yelled at by either the lead detective or chief of police stating I was making everything up and doing this for insurance purposes regardless of me stating I had two tablets, a camera, another phone, my wallet and other valuables in the room and if I was that type of person I wouldn't have woke up at 3:30 am to do so and I would have claimed everything. He didn't believe me and sent an officer to search all of my personal belongings only to find that my phone was not among the items. Another odd thing was that one officer kept pushing for my phones user name and passcode, stating only that they could try to find it. Oddly he wouldn't allow me to search it with him by personally adding the information. By the way I had already explained that I had tried and it was not able to be found and I had since discounted the phone so it could no longer be done. Over and over he insisted - hmm...I wonder if he knew who took it.

Again, hotel staff was great and they sincerely seemed upset with the theft. I was however disappointed that they mentioned the owner knew about it and stated they were coming to the meet me. Two hours later I checked out as I had to leave - the owner never showed and no compensation was made. Defiantly disappointing!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends