the place is beautiful. the grounds are gorgeous. the photos on their website accurately represent the rooms. the beach was very small (smaller that I expected) -- a lot of it had been washed away which of course is not the hotel's fault. we swam out from the shore and I expected a sandy bottom but instead it was full of creepy sea weed. maybe that is a seasonal thing and again the hotel couldn't be faulted for that. it was just an icky surprise.
the restaurant/bar was nice but sometimes quite windy. we never found a sheltered spot to eat and a couple of times we took our food back to our room. I cannot imagine what it would be like during a storm.
we rented a golf cart to go into town. definitely the way to go. I had thought perhaps we could walk into town, maybe along the beach. no way to really do that and it would have been too far anyway.
Everybody was very helpful and friendly. If I went back to Placencia, would I stay there again? I don't know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laru Beya is an exclusive, midsize resort located on seven acres of lush gardens and beachfront property in southern Belize. We have the amenities of a large resort with the service and attention to detail of an exclusive villa. We offer a wide variety of rooms including ocean and garden view, and two and three bedroom villas that include living and dining rooms and full kitchens. Also available are penthouse rooms and villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laru Beya Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Hotel Placencia
- Laru Beya Resort And Villas
- Laru Beya Hotel
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Belize/Placencia