“Great Resort!”

Laru Beya Resort & Villas
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently stayed here for 5 nights with my husband and two friends. We stayed in the 3 bedroom unit which was perfect. Each bedroom had its own bathroom and were very spacious. Rooms were very clean. We had a huge deck overlooking the Caribbean. The infinity pool was great. We ate breakfast and dinner at the Quarterdeck several times which was always fantastic. They also have happy hour every afternoon. I highly recommend the rum punch. I would definitely stay at Laru Beya again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Laru Beya Resort & Villas

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at Laru Beya for 7 nights/8 days for a lovely getaway with my son & friend in a 2BR suite. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. Literally outside of our patio door was the pool which was very well maintained (I woke up every morning to see staff cleaning the pool and combing the beach area). From the very moment we arrived, Tim & Rene in the front desk were very helpful and a delight to speak with on a daily basis. Valecia (hope I spelled that correctly) works at the front desk and was also very nice friendly face that we had the pleasure of chatting with daily. Luigi and Pablo at the Quarterdeck ensured that our dining experience was fantastic every time, and we even bought a drink for the best cook ever - whose name is escaping me at the moment.

We rented golf carts to drive into the local village and had a fabulous time there as well. I would HIGHLY recommend stopping in at The Flying Pig for wings on Wednesdays! They were better than delicious! The gelato shop in the village is delicious too, but they close down for the summer, thankfully we just made it!

On the morning of our departure, all of the resort transport vans were gone, so Rene didn't hesitate to pack our luggage into the back of his truck and drive us to the airport! That was incredibly nice!

Long story short, this place is FANTASTIC...we will DEFINITELY be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2014 for 4 nights. Most rooms have a great balcony with a hammock overlooking the Carribean. The staff is VERY knowledgeable and friendly, the pool and restaurant are great, and its in a perfect location on the peninsula. It's a short bike ride into the village, but they will also drive you into the village for any excursions and if it's late at night. i would definitely stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have a hottub with the hammock on the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were very happy with our experience at Laru Beya resort. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite, it had plenty of room, with a full kitchen. The view from the sitting room was breathtaking, the beach was right in front of us. It is about 3 and half miles outside the village of Placencia. We borrowed the bikes and cycled into town for the amazing gelato at Tutti Fruitti. The food and drinks were great at the resort so we ate all our meals there except for a trip back into Placencia one night for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Actually stayed here February 2013 for 5 days. Staff helpful prior to arrival setting up transport to/from airport. Met a fabulous couple that own a unit and come down quite frequently as well as an owner/investor in the resort. All very warm and welcoming. By the time I left I thought I was leaving after a visit w family and was sad to go. When I was there the beach was fabulous and the grounds/pool well maintained. Loved the rooftop jacuzzi! The view can't be beat. Keep in touch with those I met and have heard beach starting to show some erosion this past year due to neighboring properties interference with natural ocean currents. Enjoyed the Quarterdeck for dinner/breakfast. Enjoyed a trip to the rainforest as well, a must see!

Room Tip: Top floor oceanfront with jacuzzi on roof and private balcony w hammock is the way to go!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ideally in the middle of the peninsula; quiet at night. Renting a car is, IMO, the best bet. The suite had a kitchen which was great for cooking. The staff kept the place clean and did dishes even. The water is nice, but nothing really to look at if you want to snorkel off the beach. Pool was fine.

Sometimes the staff can act a little aloof and the reception closes at 8p. No phones in our room at least. Resort was on the nicer end of the scale in terms of furniture and room quality. Again, tho, the front desk staff does not seem to be the most aggressive in terms of service.

Room Tip: I had an oceanfront suite...great choice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobjones777877
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Ok, let me be honest right from the start. I haven't actually stayed here. The poor rating is for the customer service exclusively. I wanted to have my wedding here. After days, and hours upon hours of pouring over hotel websites and reading TripAdvisor reviews, me, my fiancé, and my mom all unanimously decided on the Laru Beya to host our 40 some odd guests for a week. You would think the revenue wheels would have been turning when I contacted Laru Beya about this. I used their online contact forum and immediately received an email from Rene saying that their wedding coordinator, Tim, was out for the weekend and he would contact me Monday. No such luck. I again emailed, and nothing. (I wish Rene had given me her email.) I was finally fortunate enough to make contact with Tim on the online chat and he confirmed the wedding date was available. Tim really didn't seem too excited to be helping me. Made a point of telling me how busy he was. (Seriously? We are all busy doing our jobs Tim!) He told me he would send me the necessary documents for me to look over the next day. He ended with "I'll be happy to help you plan your Beautiful Belize Wedding..." (Barf...what a line). I waited. Nothing. I waited two more days...nothing. I sent an online contact form asking if he had emailed the documents because I hadn't received them yet. Absolutely nothing. Completely ignored. Many people convinced me to wait a little longer as everything is a little more laid back and relaxed here. It has now been a month. So thank you Laru Beya for convincing me that me and my guests are not important to you. I really wanted to stay here. We picked Placencia, Belize during Whale Shark season on purpose, and picked your resort out of 40 others. I will eventually make it to Belize, but after being snubbed repeatedly I will never stay here. It is rude, let alone bad business. That said, I sent out a slew of emails to other places and had a slew of responses the next day from Honduras, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Caymans, Virgin Islands...So maybe it isn't just the relaxed atmosphere...Booked my wedding in DR. The beaches are better anyways, but no whale sharks. So if you want to have your wedding here because you think it will be stress free, move on. There are lots of other places that will be happy to host you, and communicate with you in a timely uncoerced manner.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lrl134
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placencia
Maya Beach Hotel
Turtle Inn
#3 of 20 in Placencia
Belize Ocean Club Adventure Resort
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Laru Beya Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!