Once my girlfriend and I decided to spend this past holiday vacation in Belize, we began pouring over possible trip itineraries. We decided to spend 4 days in the Cayo district (at Hidden Valley which was awesome) and 4 days in Placencia. Based on what we read, Placencia was just the right vibe for us, but we weren't sure where to stay. I read through all the trip advisor reviews, and what struck me most were the positive comments about Laru Beya. Not only did everyone enjoy their stay there, but everyone commented on the wonderful staff. Combined with the reasonable prices and great location, we decided Laru Beya was the place for us.
After visiting Laru Beya, I have to agree with everything that was said.
Lisbeth and the entire staff made our stay as great as it could be.
We arrived under a bit of distress (my girlfriend broke her collarbone on a mountain bike earlier that morning in the Cayo, it was no joke), and we were considering heading back home early. Soon as we arrived, Lisbeth upgraded our room to an ocean front villa that was amazing. It gave us gave us some immediate comfort. She also arranged for an ER nurse, who happened to be staying in the villa above, to come and help treat my girlfriend. Lisbeth even bought us milk shakes in town one day (they're great, definitely ask her about the shake shack). Ultimately, we decided not to go home early but rather relax and recover in the comfort of Laru Beya. All of the staff were incredibly considerate and helpful. It wasn't our ideal scenario, but it was an absolutely ideal location.
My girlfriend's injury definitely limited our activity schedule, but it's given us even more motivation to return to Laru Beya and do all the fun snorkeling, diving, biking, and dining activities that can be done so easily in and around the hotel. Our ability to enjoy our stay despite the injury, is a testament to the quality of the resort. It is really a special place that should not be missed. I can't wait to go back without any broken bones!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laru Beya is an exclusive, midsize resort located on seven acres of lush gardens and beachfront property in southern Belize. We have the amenities of a large resort with the service and attention to detail of an exclusive villa. We offer a wide variety of rooms including ocean and garden view, and two and three bedroom villas that include living and dining rooms and full kitchens. Also available are penthouse rooms and villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Laru Beya Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Hotel Placencia
- Laru Beya Resort And Villas
- Laru Beya Hotel
- Laru Beya Resort & Villas Belize/Placencia