“Destination Wedding and Adventure Travel in 1!”

Laru Beya Resort & Villas
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Marcus and I choose Laru Beya for our destination wedding based on the great reviews the resort had recieved. I couldn't be happier with our experience! All the details were taken care of for us so that we could focus on enjoying our stay. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for making our wedding day special!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I had the best time ever at Laru Beya. It was my first time staying in Placencia and I was blown away. Definitely make sure to go snorkeling in the outer reef and go on the monkey river tour.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My 20 yr old son and I just returned from a delightful 4 night stay in Placencia at Laru Beya. It is very relaxing and quiet. The staff was wonderful. Really made us feel like family. The food was fabulous! Our suite was full of gorgeous mahogany furniture. It was clean and very comfortable. My favorite feature was our large porch. We spent lots of time out there just swinging in the hammock or stretched out on the chaise. Tim and Ramona in the office arranged all of my son's diving excursions and all necessary transportation to and from the airports. I hope we will be back to Laru Beya soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We enjoyed the well-kept grounds, friendly staff and the restaurant on-site was a big bonus. The flat with kitchen was spacious with good views. Teenagers enjoyed the kayaks and bikes to ride into town (I would not recommend this for younger kiddos without adults). If you are sailing through the Moorings, which is literally right across the street, this is where to stay either before or after your sail (or both!).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank GottaRun
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My boyfriend Steven and I took a trip to Belize this July and booked our hotels through a travel agency. Our only specific request was to have AC in the rooms so they put us in Laru Beya Resort in Placencia. We saved a decent amount of money by traveling during the rainy season so there were only 5 people with rooms while we were there. The rooms were nice with a hammock on every balcony that became the coveted nap spot after a couple rum drinks at the bar. We had a smaller room, but it was ample for the two of us. We made friends with a couple who had a room with a kitchen that was just beautiful.

Even though there were only a few of us there, the kitchen was ready to go every morning and the bar was open most of the day. We spent our time playing free putt-putt, lounging at the infinity pool, and borrowing the beach cruiser bikes to go into town. The hotel is lovely, the food was delicious, and the ammenities were nice but what really set this place leaps and bounds ahead of any other place we stayed in Belize, or in many cities we have traveled to in the states, was the people.

The staff here was simply wonderful. Tim was at the front desk most of the time and he anticipated our needs and helped us get around town and just really made sure we had the best time possible for our stay there. We also had the pleasure of meeting the owner , Ian, randomly at the bar one afternoon. He made us a round of his favorite rum drinks and delighted us with conversations of politics and Belize football. I asked him about the best place near to find true Garifuna food and he assured me that they could make it, off menu at the Hotel. The chefs...oh the chefs.... they created an absolutely mouth-watering true Belizean dish from Heaven. I think almost everyone that ate at the restaurant that night had the evening special.

There are many places that you can stay on this beautiful little peninsula, but if you want to feel like more than just a tourist, if you want to feel like your friends invited you down to stay at their house on the beach- then you gotta go here.

(We highly recommend having atleast one glass of 5 Barrel Rum with soda, a dash of coke, and a little lime at the bar.)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLBoogie
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My wife and I narrowed our choices for a destination wedding to a few hotels in Placencia, but after all the great help and advice from Lizbeth we decided to go with Laru Beya for our small beach wedding. And we couldn't have been happier with this decision! The wedding was just perfect, and really exactly what we wanted and more. Lizbeth was great from the initial planning and booking of our flights within Belize, to all the details of our family's stay and the wedding. Vincent was a great tour guide and worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding went smoothly. Leo was a very friendly and attentive bartender, making great drinks for us and our family. Although there are many options for food in the area, we kept returning to the Quarterdeck for Trinell's great cooking. We all loved each meal we ate at the restaurant, not to mention the great assortment of food she prepared for our wedding. Alicia was a great server, and always appeared with a smile, even accommodating special requests on the menu. And the remainder of the staff all helped to make the stay unforgettable.
The location of the resort is on a beautiful stretch of beach a short drive from town, which keeps the area quiet and uncrowded. There are still other resorts/restaurants within a short walking distance if desired. The rooms are newly updated, clean, and very comfortable. The same can be said about the bathrooms. We had an ocean front suite with a beautiful view, along with a large balcony with chairs and a great hammock.
Overall a great trip for myself and my family, and I would highly recommend Laru Beya.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryanwanderlust
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Laru Beya for my brother's destination wedding and it was a wonderful vacation for our whole family! The Laru Beya is a great resort right on the beach with a nice pool. While we prefer more crystal-clear water at the beach, the ocean water was warm, the beach sand was great (even raked every morning!) and it was nice having a 30-second walk from your room to the ocean. The resort is remote, as there's not much else within walking distance, but it is only a 10-minute taxi ride to town. I thought having to eat at the resort for almost every meal would initially be a problem, but the Quarterdeck Restaurant was excellent; the head chef (Trinell) was amazing (DON'T miss the Stuffed Jack for breakfast... it's to-die-for!), and Alicia (waitress) and Leo (bartender) were awesome and very personable! As for activities in Placencia, I definitely recommend snorkeling around the reef. Lastly, Lizbeth at Laru Beya was incredible! She organized everything, set up a great wedding ceremony, was super friendly and she was always there when we needed something. And thanks to Vincent for driving us to the Mayan ruins! Overall, a great vacation in Belize!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LanceLinh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placencia
Maya Beach Hotel
Belize Ocean Club, a Muy'Ono Resort
Belizean Dreams Resort
Belizean Dreams Resort
#2 of 13 in Hopkins

Been to Laru Beya Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!