Cozy Corner
US$135
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
US$382
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$97
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$106
Hatchet Caye Resort(Placencia)
US$420
US$396
  • Pool
All reviewscomfy roomgreat food and drinksvisited placencialaundry serviceplace to stayshort walklaid backin townbelizeocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2007

After arriving in Placencia we found the Cozy Corner hotel. We were greeted by wonderful staff. The hotel is very comfortable, clean and has a lovely restaurant & bar on the beach with what we found to be the best Seafood Platter dinner on the peninsula!

Throughout our visit the hotel employees were so kind, helpful and genuinely friendly-I would definately say that it's a wonderful place to stay.

For a lovely relaxing stay with wonderful views this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Belize-Vacationers
Reviewed 27 April 2007

Cozy Corner sits on the best beach in Belize, Placentia. We chose cozy because it is centrally located and rates are fair. Rooms are clean and comfortable and with the exception of a few noisy a/c units we enjoyed the hotel. However the restaurant and bar service was not enjoyable at all. Keep in mind my fiance and I appreciate a cold beer and good music just as much as any other traveller so the bar hours were not an issue. The morning workers were not friendly but they were not rude. A rasta gentleman took our orders and tried his best to make sure we were comfortable he also played some lovely music. The night staff however seemed to think they were doing us a favor serving us a glass of water. The bartender cussed and argued with the waiter more than mixing drinks. My fiance and I did not see the night bar manager smile the entire length of our stay. We felt intimidated to even eat at the bar for dinner as we felt we were a bother. Sadly we would reccommend the hotel but not the bar/restaurant. Oh but we must give credit for the cozy food, top notch!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelholic30
Reviewed 22 March 2007

My wife and I stumbled upon Cozy Corner after leaving another "resort" that turned out to be horrible. We were pleasantly surprised by how neat and clean it was, the really good on-site restaurant and bar, and the great overall value. The staff was amazingly friendly and flexible (able to reconcile all our bills the day before we left). The beach there is great. I don't have any complaints and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2006

I recently brought a group of tourists out to Placentia for the whale shark season. Unfortunately we stayed at Cozy Corner for 6 nights and rented out 4 rooms. I doubt that we would ever stay there again. The rooms were facing the restaurant and bar, at night it was loud until 1000 PM, and at 600 AM each morning it would reopen with bottles being tossed around, people yelling, and tables and chairs in constant motion (this even though you still couldn't get a coffee till 800 AM!). Add to this the constant of persons cursing and verbally fighting outside your window throughout the night, and it did not make for a very peaceful or "Cozy" stay.

The one plus side is that the rooms were basic and kept very clean. However for the entire stay my sink did not work (at all!). On the first day there I asked to have it fixed, again on the third day, still no action. On the 4 day I asked a little more forcefully and was told that someone had looked at it "and it wasn't broken it just didn't work" I asked if anyone was going to fix it and I was told that they did not know. Needless to say I spent the whole week going to the bar to get water to wash with as well as drink. It still did not work when I left, hence the new name "Brokedown Corner." Additionally other guests in our party had similar problems that were also not attended to.

If you are a college student used to sleeping on someone’s couch or floor, or have a very limited budget and a good set of earplugs then perhaps this is not a bad choice. However given that there are so many other wonderful Belizean owned properties nearby, you probably are better off trying to go somewhere that might at least treat you like they cared if you came back.

Nearby are some great restaurants, definitely try Wendy's, Da Thatch, Merlene’s, Rum Point Inn, and The Purple Space Monkey (free wireless as long as you are eating or drinking). And for any water-based activity go to Aquatic Adventures!!

As for Brokedown (Cozy) Corner, enjoy a Belikin at the bar but don't stay there!!

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed 23 March 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cozy Corner for 2 nights on our last stop through an 8 day excursion through Belize and Guatemala. We loved it! The hotel had a great outdoor restaurant/bar that arguably had some of the best food/drinks on the beach! The staff was so kind as well. Every morning we were there, we would wake up, throw on our swimsuits, and head down to the restaurant for an awesome breakfast burrito! By the time we got back to the room (after sitting and enjoying the morning sun a little, too), our sheets/towels, etc had all been changed already!! :) Truly an adorable little beach hotel! :)

• Stayed: March 2006