Such a wonderful, comfortable place to stay, but what really makes it is the staff, who were universally friendly and helpful and so nice. The location is great, the food was fantastic and it allowed us to enjoy the perfect mix of beach and adventure vacation. All of the trips arranged by Jason were wonderful, with great drivers and guides. Monkey River and Laughingbird Caye are musts for wildlife viewing fans, and we enjoyed the Jaguar Preserve as well to see a different side of Belize, plus the river tubing and waterfall swim were super fun!
The only challenge was getting to town with a younger child in tow if you had no rental car, since the roads were a little unnerving for a novice bike rider, though the shuttle in the evenings worked great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia