“Nice stay in Placencia ”
Review of Chabil Mar

and 1 more site!
Chabil Mar
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful villa #9. Room was beautiful cold ac kitchen washer dryer. Staff was wonderful rooms were cleaned very well each day. Shuttle to town from 4 to 10 on the hour. Bikes also very fun for the middle of the day. About 7 min to town by bike. Grounds were beautiful..beach is average but beaches aren't that impressive in Placencia area. Food is very average you should always go to town to get a better meal for much cheaper . Jordan was great. There is not a better place to stay in Placencia...no doubt

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank RussU2525

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at 3 different higher end resorts in Belize during our honeymoon. Of the 3, this was our favorite. Like all 3 resorts, we were greeted with a nice drink and greeting. We arrived earlier than our check-in and the staff allowed us to hang out in another room until ours was ready. The room was very beautiful and clean. It had all the amenities you would expect in a condo/apartment.

The free bikes were very handy for getting into town only a 5 minute ride away. The supermarket was close and convenient too. The shuttle into town at night was also great for dinner (it runs 4pm to 10pm every hour). Side note: the town of Placencia was very quaint and I thought the strip of bars, restaurants and shops was great.

The food and drinks on the resort were also great. They were just a little more pricey than in town, as expected from a resort. We did a private dinner on the pier (at no extra cost unlike the other resorts) which was also probably one of our best meals during our trip. We had bought our own bottle of wine and brought it with us to dinner which was nice too.

I also booked 2 excursions through them, scuba diving at Splash Dive Center (across the street), and a sailing trip - also with great tour guides, well priced, and very convenient. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful, the grounds beautiful and the resort convenient for a trip to Placencia. I'd like to say they were the best in Belize, but I've only been to 3 resorts. Either way, I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFranchi
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our first time in Placencia, great place to stay. Staff is fabulous and very helpful in anything you want to do or need. grounds and beaches beautiful. Meals served where ever you want them...in room at pool at beach. No resturant but it is neat having them bring it where you want. takes a little getting used to. Great meals in town too. Would definitely return here again with my family. we loved it!

Room Tip: I loved being on 2nd floor overlooking the beach. second level has high ceilings. but all rooms are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Chabil Mar in June and had a wonderful experience from beginning to end. From being met upon arrival with refreshments and cold towels, to the caring and friendly staff who were so careful of our needs, to the concierge service staff who helped us plan every aspect of our excursions...this was one of the most wonderful vacation experiences we've had. The resort is beautiful and the amenities are well cared for. The villas were lovely (we stayed in two different ones), and the beds, linens and furnishings were elegant. I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wow! Where to start..... The staff was wonderfully attentive and accommodating. Merli the concierge was so patient and helpful. She really knows the fine details to scheduling all the many possible excursions. Natalie and Tiffany at the front desk always greeted us with a smile and helped us in every way. The grounds are phenomenally manicured (Arturo's loving hand... along with the many, many guys (Luis!!)). The villa was perfect for our needs, better than home. It was welcoming (and well air conditioned) as well as relaxing. But the best parts are the pools and beach (okay... and the bar!). Every need was attended to by the many available staff. We had a bad storm one day and the phone system got hit, and there were more staff making themselves visible since we couldn't use the phones until they were back up (which was pretty quickly). The food was excellent!!! Again.... EXCELLENT!! I would've been very happy to have every meal there. Especially being able to pick any location on the property to eat was so much fun. Plus if we had meals in the villa, we could put a little away in the fridge for a late night snack. PS: Gotta try the Fry Jacks! Can't beat them :) Sho, Dany and Jordan were only a few of the many staff that stood out as dedicated to our comfort and contentment. From the pick up at the airport to the drop off a week later.... we were more than amazed and happy! It's no wonder Chabil Mar has won Tripadvisor Traveler Awards for 7 Consecutive Years, 2008 - 2014 THEY ARE WELL EARNED!! If you want to be treated like royalty, you've got to stay here.

Room Tip: There are only good locations here!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our first stay in Placencia and this resort was the best chose ever. The entire staff was the most pleasant and accommodating I think we have ever had. We really enjoyed the way they serve meals. They do not have a "restaurant" on property, but a full kitchen and prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner and serves it at several open air places all through the properety, where ever you choose to eat.

These are privately owned condos and not open to the public. I would recommend Chabil Mar to anyone who is planning on visting Placencia, Belize. We defintely will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any bad rooms on the properry. The ones we were able to see were beautif...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Heaven knows I wanted to give Chabil Mar five stars. The staff is beyond lovely, friendly, gracious, and helpful. I haven't been that well looked after since I moved out of my parents home. From the front desk staff like Althea, Nathalie to the concierge and the other ladies; to the site manager whose name I forget; to Bernard, Luis and Gambino; and groundskeeper Jose (?)...everyone was extremely professional and welcoming.

The property itself is beautifully well manicured and landscaped. The pools are works of art. The pier is lovely and the rooms are very well appointed and nicely designed.

The only con...was the food. I choose not to color this review with negative comments, but I highly recommend that one take advantage of restaurants in the village particularly Rumfish & Vino, Wendy's and Omar's. Oh and avoid Tipsy Tuna. Enough said!

I hope to make it back to Chabil Mar one day very soon. It was the base for one of the best vacations I've ever had.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends