After 10 days in Guatemala and Belize and fresh off of a 3 day sailing excursion we wanted to splurge on a nice place to unwind and recharge before heading home. The pictures showed a beautiful property and they were accurate. The exterior is gorgeous the interior of the villas was surprisingly gorgeous with decorated with impeccable taste. However, what I didn't expect was the level of service and attention to details. I hadn't even gotten out of the taxi before the front desk staff was out and welcoming me. My bags were whisked away by 2 other individuals I was given a concise tour of the grounds which is gorgeous, with two pools and lots of iguanas. Along the way I was introduced to 3 other staff members, given fresh water with citrus. I have high expectations and they were exceeded at every turn. While in the villa, yet more staff arrived with fresh virgin drinks and we were left to enjoy. I had previously reserved the dock for a private candlelit dinner for 4. It was beautifully prepared, they were flexible when our ladies were late and the food was delicious. Unexpectedly a massive storm came through and a hilarious turn of event ensued. For some, it would probably have ruined the evening, for us (largely because of the lightheartedness of our server Deshawn.) it made for an even more adventurous and memorable night. If we are ever in the area again, we will make a point of spending the extra money to stay here. Kudos to the dedicated staff who made the experience what it was.
Bonus: in the morning they arranged a shuttle to the airport and since I couldn't remember the flight time did all the legwork and looked it up for me and showed up at our door right on time. We literally didn't have to think about a thing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia