I rarely write reviews, but Chabil Mar was just so spectacular that I wanted to share my experience...
1. The staff was incredible. Everyone was friendly, helpful and really went the extra step to make everything perfect. Natalie is the most competent front desk manager I have ever encountered. Ryan, Lacho, Merli and everyone else whose name I can't recall anymore were also wonderful. Thank you so much to the staff who truly understand the meaning of hospitality
2. The grounds were immaculate. The beach was raked every morning for seaweed. The grounds were treated for bugs every evening. Everything on site was truly 5 stars, and it's clear that the property managers take great pride in the hotel. During our stay, we visited other nice hotels (including Turtle Inn, Maya Beach Hotel, Cozy Corner, etc). and I can say with absolute confidence that Chabil Mar is the best by far.
3. The location is about 1 mile north of town. It's a 20 min walk, which is fine during the day. However, most of the time we used the hotel's bikes during the day or rode in the free hotel shuttle in the evenings. Splash Dive Shop is across the street, so if you dive, this is very convenient. Overall, location is not as convenient as being in town, but the hotels in town are not as nice.
4. The food was awesome! We ate breakfast on the beach every day. We ate dinner on the dock one night, and it was a truly special experience. I definitely recommend this during your stay (ask Natalie to reserve it 1 night for you).
Other tips for Placencia
- Best meal was at Maya Beach Hotel Bistro. It's about 5 miles north of Chabil Mar, but you can rent a golf cart and go there. I highly recommend this
- The bugs (called No See Ums) devoured me the first few days. If you are sensitive to this, cover yourself in bug spray. You have been warned.
- Try the seaweed shakes. They are interesting and super tasty
- You can drink the tap water. My boyfriend and I both drank it during our trip and had no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chabil Mar is the Guest Exclusive Resort of Placencia, Belize. All Caribbean Front Villas and the closest full service resort to the Village of Placencia. Restaurant and Bar, two infinity beach-side pools, private beach and pier, on-site concierge services to include tour and adventure reservations. Villas are approximately 1000 square feet of living space, include a personal veranda. Al fresco dining throught the resort. A stroll along the beach, bicycle, kayak or golf cart provides easy, at your leisure access, to all Village activities. Specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Chabil Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chabil Mar Hotel Placencia
- Chabil Mar Placencia
- Chabil Mar Belize/Placencia