I stayed at Captain Jak's recently with 6 friends. We rented the villa. I was a little worried about sleeping arrangements, but the two queens in the bedrooms, the full and the twins in the lofts were just fine. Lucky & Erin were very helpful and sweet. Lucky even gave us some home made bread from a local family. The cinnamon bread made a delicious French toast! Lucky helped me set up a couple tours. I had found a snorkeling team that was cheaper than the one that Lucky had suggested, so we hopped in his gold cart and Lucky asked them all the questions I hadn't thought to ask. I was so glad we went with Avadon Divers as he had suggested - even had a National Geographic photographer along on our trip! They were really great.
The villa was very comfortable, very clean. Beautiful wood floors throughout. We loved the deck facing the lagoon in the evenings. The smaller deck on the beach side was nice in the morning. Couldn't quite see the beach from the house, but the beautiful beach was a very quick walk of just a few minutes. Well, it would have been a quick walk if we didn't feel the need to stop at De Tatch for a tasty breakfast or at Barefoot bar for a snack or drink on the way. Our sweet waitress at Barefoot Bar even offered to bring us drinks out to the beach. Loved that place!
We thought we'd use the kitchen more often but ended up only cooking one breakfast because the food at the local restaurants was just so darn good. The kitchen was beautiful. It was adequately furnished as far as utensils & pots and pans go.
Erin suggested that we make sugar water for the hummingbird feeder every other day or so. We had numerous, brightly colored, brave birds come visit. We could sit within feet of the feeder& they'd fly right up.
The two bathrooms were nice and they had plenty of nice oversized towels there to cover us for the week.
The loft is split in half, one side has the two twin beds, one with a double. It doesn't offer much in the way of privacy, but the split helps keep it separated and there's enough room for everyone's suitcases.
All this added with a very reasonable price! I'd definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from one of the tropical garden private cabanas, two-story cottages, and/or private villa. Captain Jak’s offers accommodations for the back packing adventurer, couples, families, and/or small and large groups. Captain Jak’s is a hidden oasis, while still being located only steps away from the village and the Caribbean sea. Captain Jak's has its own private marina which allows you to leave from your door step for diving, sailing, fishing, Caye hopping, kayaking, or snorkeling. Zip lining, Mayan Ruins and cave tubing aren’t far away either. The owners of villa resort live on the property and they are some of the best hosts you will find in Belize. Make sure to ask them about their sailing trips. There is nothing like sailing with Lucky and Erin on the warm Caribbean Sea, anchoring at sunset and BBQing the fresh catch of the day while drinking their famous rum punch.You must experience Captain Jak’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Captain Jak's Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jak`s Cabanas Hotel Placencia
- Captain Jaks Cabanas Placencia
- Captain Jak's Cabanas Belize/Placencia