US$215
US$202
  • Breakfast included
US$282
US$141
The Village Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$110
US$150
US$146
Maya Breeze Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$66
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$83
Green Parrot Beach Houses(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$142
Official Site
Book now, pay at stay
US$380
US$323
All reviewslagoon sideresident parrotgolf cartplace to stayfully stocked with disheslocal homeshumming birdsflowering treesfull kitchenincredible hostscook topgreat view of the lagoonburner stovecross breezetwo storydish soapshort walk
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Nice, Cozy, Rustic is just a few words to describe the Cabañas at Captain Jak's. I fell in love with this place when we stayed in Placencia... I didn't want to leave.

The Cabaña has a kitchenette and that sealed the deal for us.
You can wake up in the early mornings, make a cup of tea/coffee, sit on the balcony and relax while sipping/drinking your warm liquid and admire nature around you while daylight breaks or, you can sit on the deck by the water and enjoy your beautiful surroundings then start your day.

In the evenings while your hectic day comes to an end, you can unwind on the balcony or deck by water with ice cold beers and watch the beautiful sunsets. Tranquility.

I most def. recommend Captain Jak's Cabañas, it's worth a stay!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinnie0814
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here and had an absolutely great experience! We were welcomed by the Williams Family and pleased with how nice and helpful the staff was. The cabana was clean, adorable, and loaded with everything you would need to cook small meals and a blender for drinks. The location was perfect, in walking distance to the village hot spots with a delicious coffee place next door. The highlight of our trip was their amazing tour guide Jason Alexander! He was courteous, knowledgeable, and safe in his travels. We will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Rented a golf cart for a week to help get around town as we had a few older family members that have a hard time getting around. The golf cart was nice and newer but had a small crack in the poorly mounted plastic windshield where the bolt hole to mount it to the frame was. As we drove around town for a week the crack got slightly larger due to wind pressure on the windshield. I thought nothing of it. When we returned the golf cart the crack may have been 4" in total and the windshield still structurally sound. They said nothing of it when we returned it, thanked us and we were on our way. Weeks later I was blind sighted with a $350 charge on my credit card. Great thanks captain jak

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ward M
Arabella16, Manager at Captain Jak's Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

We are very sorry to hear that. When we picked the golf cart up at your rental house on April 25th there we 2 large cracks in the windshield. I sent an email along with pictures to let you know that we would be charging your card for the damages. The charge should have been $250US not $350US. If you need to discuss this further or were charged too much, please give me a call or send me an email
My name is Marian and I am the manager 501-622-6448 and my email is captainjaksbz@gmail.com.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

friendly warm owners and guests. Felt like a little community. At first I said "What have I rented?" As my cabana had no air conditioning or television.
My cabana really had all I needed as I did not spend much time inside. With the louvers open, I had a wonderful cross breeze and did not miss the A/C. TV, no big deal. Sometimes it is nice not to have CNN and all the problems of the world while in such a nice place. The wifi was strong, so I watched netfix before bed.
Close to much beach front dining. A nice dock with lounges for relaxing on the lagoon side.
Every night I would hear the barking and howling of the dogs of Placencia. I found it charming, eventually they stopped.
I spoke with the resident African Grey Oliver every day. He only speaks when you turn your back and walk away from him, so I would try to catch him and turn quickly.
First morning, I had a knocking on my door. I opened the door and a chubby tuxedo cat ran in. She was my Jaks companion during my stay. I did not feed her, buy happily pet her and enjoyed her company.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelQ6492QE
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We stayed at Captain Jak's Cabanas in March of 2017. We had the cabana with air conditioning. We were amazed at our view of the lagoon, framed by a large coconut tree. The cabana was spacious, with a full kitchen fully stocked with dishes, utensils and pots and pans. A four burner stove with full refrigerator was a bonus for the meals we made and late night snacks!

The bed was so comfortable that when I woke up in the morning, I felt like I was at home. The location is in town, convenient to delicious restaurants and entertainment, as well as a short walk to the Caribbean. The only downside of living in the village is the large dog population that a few times decided to entertain us by their night concert. The staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. A bonus is Oliver, the resident parrot who will look as you talk to him and whistle when you walk away. We highly recommend Captain Jak's as a great place to stay while in Placebcia.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family