“A wonderful stay in Michelo suites”
Review of Michelo Suites

Michelo Suites
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We couldn't find a better place to stay during one week in Placencia : The room is perfectly clean and comfortable. The hotel is just at 1 minute to walk to the beach and 1 minute to walk to the shops and restaurants.
Michelo and his wife are really nice and helpfull. The only bad thing is that we couldn't stay longer than one week.
We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LowrdTour
There are newer reviews for Michelo Suites

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Because of a misleading photo on the web site and an appealing price, we ended up in one of the (very) few places in Placencia that has no view, no balcony, no breeze, and a terrible location. The lack of charm is only equalled by the distance from the beach and restaurants. Located on the busy, dusty one and only main road, it is next door to a noisy construction site.

When we realized our distance from the Belize City airport, we requested that the last day of our pre-paid 4 days be refunded so we could spend the night nearer the airport for our early flight, our owner/host said no.

It was very clean

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannette115
Michelo, Owner at Michelo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

When one books over the internet with a booking agent, there are two parties involved in case of an eventual refund, because the booking agent retains the commission. All booking agents publish the refunding policies, so you are entitled toa refund if you comply with the refund rules of the booking agent. In the competitive market on the internet refunding has become very expensive for everybody involved because of the workload it generates to hte extend that most competitive tarifs of airlines are not refundable. We proposed you to refund the one night you wanted to shorten your stay minus the commission of the booking agent. But you decided to stay the full length you booked and make a negative review about our place.
The large majority of the people who stayed with us in the past, based on the internet information we publish, didn't criticise at all the quality price relation of the accomodation we offer, especially in a country like Belize, where clean and safe° accommodation at a reasonable price is hard to find.
°Every week a house is destroyed by fire in Belize.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Staying at Michelo suites makes me feel more comfort, although am a citizen of Belize spending time in My own village, i never had no other option but to come spend time here in Placencia. I choose Michelo Flat because i met the managers wife which she was so friendly and kind. we chat alot base on the tropics, cultural diversity and History.Thier place attracted me and also there apartments. We continue to be close and finaly i ended up staying in her appartment. I am about to complete three months here in michelo hotel. Indeed, t the apartment is more of my home. It is properly clean, comfortable, safe and cozy. I whish i could have another chance of stay like this.

Room Tip: Any time in Placencia Belize always choose Michelo Flat. Easy access, well suit
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I am getting ready to finish my three week stay at Michelo's and my experience here has been great. I was pleasantly surprised with my room which was clean and neat. The building seems to be relatively new. The accomadations are perfect for a vacation full of activities with easy access to the main road. The building is not on the beach, but the beaches are all public and I found plenty of nice spots to spend time reading there.
I also really liked that I was able to pick and choose what services I wanted, so that I did not pay for things I did not want or need. I used the internet extensively and it worked great. I would certainlyl stay here again if I find myself revisiting Placencia.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel has a very cozy and comfortable environment. It is also close to the the main part of town, walking distance. The room is very airy, you can sit on d verandah and enjoy d caribbean breeze. Very relaxing place if you are looking for a laid back relaxing experience in placencia, this is the place to choose.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I read the reviews before we booked this place and honestly I'd like to know what the people were smoking that said it was "quiet"..it's anything but "quiet"..it's right on the main drag but at the extreme end of town...I never walked so much in my life..that was probably good for me but not what I expected...the owner and his wife are very nice people but I would appreciate honest reviews so that I know what to expect..another thing...it was advertised at $700 per month..but then there are add ons..like electricity,tv,hammock,cleaning,air conditioning,etc...we ended up paying nearly $900 per month..it was no deal..believe me if you get off the bus and ask around you can find so much better housing for a lot less money..like Carol's cottages..great location and only $500 per month...we met people who were staying there..they loved it...there were also quite a few other accomodations that were cheap and nice.Michelo's was definitely clean but the constant truck noise was really unbearable....

Room Tip: Here's my best tip...keep walking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Michelo, Owner at Michelo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

When you came to stay with us for a month my wife and myself admired you for traveling so far at your advanced age. You assured us it was not exceptional because you were coming for years to Placencia and felt at home here. We also felt sorry to see you sitting daily for hours in front of your home watching the traffic (and the girls) on the road and taking long naps in your room. We therefor tried to have a daily chat with you.
Therefore we understand that you might have experienced noise because during the day this main road of the peninsula is used by trucks and buses. And since you had been to Placencia before, we assumed you had choosen our spot to experience the movement out on the street. Most people, which stay with us, are out on the beach or on trip during the day. The last 4 years we never had a complaint of noise during the night. We feel that the title of the review is not very fair because you give people, reading this title, the impression that our place is in the middle of the nightlife.
We are also surprised about your remarks about pricing. Knowing Placencia you had choosen to stay at an upmarket place right in the middle of the high season and got it for 30US$ a day for a month. Surely it is possible to find cheaper places in Placencia. We do not claim to be the cheapest of the peninsula.

Michelo Suites, Placencia

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We are staying here right now and are very happy with the apartment. It's very close to town and the beach. We think it offers good value for the money. The building and furnishings are still quite new and the building seems very safe because the door is sturdy, there are big metal blinds on the windows, and the owners are almost always around. It's also nice to be able to cook meals here. It saves a lot of money! There's a supermarket nearby where we can buy all of the food and other products we need. The owners are also very friendly and helpful. Definitely worth it!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family