“Extremely good value”

Michelo Suites
New York
“Extremely good value”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Summary: In terms of value, can't be beat. Michel is very nice & helpful. Rooms are immaculate. If you're looking for beachfront, pool, or a resort/exclusive type stay, this is not your place. Otherwise, great choice.

Pros:
+ Immaculate room
+ Price
+ ~5 min from town & the beach
+ Friendly owners
+ Kitchenette
+ Stable speedy Wifi included

Cons:
- No maid service when I stayed, but it's listed as available
- No toiletries other than soap
- On main road, rather than beach - although this is a matter of preference

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Celot

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Zamora, Spain
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Town is very nice with a lot of fine restaurants and bars. The hotel is of a good walking distance away from this all and also the beach is nearby.Being on the outskirts of the town you don't have the noice of partying people. The owners are very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sjonnie55
Faro, Portugal
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The accomodation was truly immaculate. The rooftop was a great place to watch sunsets above the Maya mountains. We had an absolutely fantastic time, and recommend this place to anyone going to Placencia

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline A
Caen, France
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We couldn't find a better place to stay during one week in Placencia : The room is perfectly clean and comfortable. The hotel is just at 1 minute to walk to the beach and 1 minute to walk to the shops and restaurants.
Michelo and his wife are really nice and helpfull. The only bad thing is that we couldn't stay longer than one week.
We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LowrdTour
Bainbridge Island
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Because of a misleading photo on the web site and an appealing price, we ended up in one of the (very) few places in Placencia that has no view, no balcony, no breeze, and a terrible location. The lack of charm is only equalled by the distance from the beach and restaurants. Located on the busy, dusty one and only main road, it is next door to a noisy construction site.

When we realized our distance from the Belize City airport, we requested that the last day of our pre-paid 4 days be refunded so we could spend the night nearer the airport for our early flight, our owner/host said no.

It was very clean

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannette115
Michelo, Owner at Michelo Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
When one books over the internet with a booking agent, there are two parties involved in case of an eventual refund, because the booking agent retains the commission. All booking agents publish the refunding policies, so you are entitled toa refund if you comply with the refund rules of the booking agent. In the competitive market on the internet refunding has become very expensive for everybody involved because of the workload it generates to hte extend that most competitive tarifs of airlines are not refundable. We proposed you to refund the one night you wanted to shorten your stay minus the commission of the booking agent. But you decided to stay the full length you booked and make a negative review about our place.
The large majority of the people who stayed with us in the past, based on the internet information we publish, didn't criticise at all the quality price relation of the accomodation we offer, especially in a country like Belize, where clean and safe° accommodation at a reasonable price is hard to find.
°Every week a house is destroyed by fire in Belize.
Maya Mopan Belize
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Staying at Michelo suites makes me feel more comfort, although am a citizen of Belize spending time in My own village, i never had no other option but to come spend time here in Placencia. I choose Michelo Flat because i met the managers wife which she was so friendly and kind. we chat alot base on the tropics, cultural diversity and History.Thier place attracted me and also there apartments. We continue to be close and finaly i ended up staying in her appartment. I am about to complete three months here in michelo hotel. Indeed, t the apartment is more of my home. It is properly clean, comfortable, safe and cozy. I whish i could have another chance of stay like this.

Room Tip: Any time in Placencia Belize always choose Michelo Flat. Easy access, well suit
Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian T
Livingston
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I am getting ready to finish my three week stay at Michelo's and my experience here has been great. I was pleasantly surprised with my room which was clean and neat. The building seems to be relatively new. The accomadations are perfect for a vacation full of activities with easy access to the main road. The building is not on the beach, but the beaches are all public and I found plenty of nice spots to spend time reading there.
I also really liked that I was able to pick and choose what services I wanted, so that I did not pay for things I did not want or need. I used the internet extensively and it worked great. I would certainlyl stay here again if I find myself revisiting Placencia.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo