“Best beach house”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
Ranked #3 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Wichita, Kansas
“Best beach house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Colibri house and we love it. It is nicely furnished (including lots of books to read), clean, safe, has everything you could possibly need for a comfortable stay in a quiet, lovely, semi-secluded beach setting. It is close to town yet far enough not to have all of the late night noise of the local pubs. The owner/ managers are delightful and exceptionally helpful with anything you might need or need to know about the area. The house is divided into an apartment and 2-level house above. We have stayed in each unit and liked them both. We highly recommend the Colibri House.

Room Tip: The second/third floor unit has the best view of the ocean above the trees.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Csmazz
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hi All! This is the first time I am answering to every Guest/Friend who have reviewed us in this Magic site called Tripadvisor. A Magic link that connect Rental Business, Travelers and Tourists of the whole Earth... Thank to All of you and to Tripadvisor our little business, the Colibri House has prospered for years being able to survive also in recent difficult times because of the terrible Global Economical meltdown... It has been taught to everybody but maybe all of us have reached to the end of that tunnel that badly hit many nice Families. I have always thought about all of you hoping that the nice people who have picked up our vacation rental to enjoy their holidays could make it as we have been able to make it until now. I am sincerely grateful to all of you... Now possibly all of us will have to fight again against new Economical Challenges plus the Global change of the weather, so weird and unpredictable here in Belize as in the rest of the World. But I am sure that all of us will be blessed and we will make it again!!! I have always thought that the Karma strongly linked to the Colibri House was good for us and for our Guests/Friends and I hope He helped you as He helped us... Just a thought after so many years (14...) I started this business with Nicoletta, when nobody here or at home in Italy could even think we could make it... I wanted to share it with All of you but now it is better if I will post it right the way!!!! If not I won't be so brave to do it!!!!!!!! ;o)

I wish you all the best, grazie infinite.... Ciao! Stefano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Louisville, KY USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

During the second week of our two-week trip to Belize in June 2011, we stayed for the second time at Colibri House in Placencia. Last year we were on the second floor with the loft bedroom. This year we stayed the first few nights upstairs, but spent the last couple of nights in the first-floor unit. So we can attest that both units are charming, comfortable, nicely appointed and decorated. Stefano, Nicoletta and the kitties, as always, make it feel like home. The only reason we can pack up and leave Colibri House is knowing we will be back. And it is worth reiterating how much we like the location on the beach - just far enough from the main part of the Village that it is quiet, just close enough to make the walk down the sidewalk "road" a pleasant amble to a great meal or fun shopping. When we head to the end of the "point", we ride bicycles Stefano provides, an ideal way to get around Placencia. Once again, we cannot say enough good stuff about Colibri House. Therefore, we are making our reservations now for our next visit - all these good reviews may find Colibri House booked solid!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barb-Clay

Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed in the downstairs studio apartment in April 2011. The owners Stefano and Nicolette were very cordial and attentive. Stefano gave us tips on local places and things to do. Nicolette showed up on her bike and asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything. The space was a little tight for 3 adults but we worked it out. It was a circular room with a kitchenette, a table, a bathroom, hardwood floors, a large refrigerator, louvered windows, a double bed and small sofa you could sleep on. One of us slept in a hammock on the porch. Nice breeze off the water every night. It was a great location right on the beach with a beautiful view of the water at a great price. The wireless internet connection was slow and intermittent.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We were 2 couples traveling together and this was perfect! Poor Stefano was ill during our stay( and Nicoletta was in Italy) and as a result we didn't see a whole lot of him but he did his best to make sure we had everything we needed. I would advise you to check the toilet paper supply, especially in the upper apartment, before stefano leaves you on your first day. If your american, as we are, you wont know what to do with the bidet and we kept running out at the most crucial times! The upper apartment is larger BUT the steps/ladder to the sleeping loft might be a problem for someone with tricky knees or a small bladder. We have been to diffrent parts of the carribian before but never Belize. Now it will be always Belize( and Colibri House when we are on the penninsula!)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kbeliaj

Sudbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Colibri house was perfect! We had a full kitchen set-up, comfortable bed, and plenty of room to relax. The house also offers a great beach view, with very attentive owners who were friendly and made our stay even better. We couldn't have asked for a better deal and would stay again without a doubt. Fabulous, quiet setting too, and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Colibri House met all our expectations and more. Lovely furnishings, fantastic location and views. Sitting on the deck (one of 2), one looks out at the inviting ocean and feels so relaxed! Steps from the beach and wonderful walk to town. Stefano and Nicolletta are very accomodating! We definitely want to go back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We looked around before we found a reputable place that looked clean and had a modest price. Their are cheaper places in Placenica, but you realize the value of Colibri house once you get down there. I am really glad we looked around and spent the additional few dollars to stay at Colibri house. A lot of places on the "sidewalk" have no breeze, but Colibri house faces the ocean so the breeze is amazing. Stefano, showed us all the great places to go in town and they even have bikes for free so you can get around town with ease.

we stayed for 2 night and went sailing for 7. I highly recommended getting out on the water. The diving/snorkeling/fishing is amazing!! But don't forget about the Mayan ruins. Cockscomb was our favorite---ask around and make sure your guide will take you on the rock slides--most places don't take you anymore, but it was the best part of the trip. I forget the name of the place but it is famly run (mom runs the ticket counter and her son does the tours).

Room Tip: Book early :)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple