Colibri House
Travelocity
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
US$382
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$97
Belize Ocean Club(Placencia)
US$157
US$135
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$106
Hatchet Caye Resort(Placencia)
US$420
US$405
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssleeping loftupstairs suitestayed upstairslower apartmententire housefew minutes walkbeach houserestaurants and shopssea breezequiet locationour home away from homenight lifeown mealsair conditioningcaribbean seaclose to townfull moon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My brother and his wife had the top floor of the house, and I had the lower level on my own. This house is overflowing with charm and character. It is also pretty spacious. The top floor has 2 balconies with perfect views of the nearby beach and a pleasant ocean breeze. Stefano and Collette were both extremely friendly and helpful. Great value and great location! We fell in love with it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Colibri House may not be for everyone, but it certainly was made for us. My wife, sister and I rented the house for four days, we in the upper unit and my sister in the smaller one below, and it was just what we were looking for. Close to the beach, roomy, different, and affordable. It's a little rough around the edges here and there, but if you're open to that, it's not an issue, and the place itself overall is a charmer for sure. We settled in immediately and in our short time there realized we were spending more and more of our time at Colibri, just because we had everything we needed right at home. And Stefano and Colette, the owners of the property are great people. On site most every day, they took care of every request we had, although we didn't have too many as everything was as it should be. They even have two built-in resident cats that act like they own the place, which of course we immediately adopted, even if it was only for a few days. I would definitely recommend Colibri to anyone heading to Placencia, and can't wait for our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The studio we stayed in was simple but equipped with everything we needed. We cooked our own breakfast in the kitchen and ate out for dinner. The house is in a quiet location. Stefano was very quick to respond to any questions we had and even helped to get us in contact with Patty from Splash Dive Shop when she wasn't responding to our inquiries. Would stay here again.

The only down side was some of the screens on the windows (no glass, just shutters) had holes in them which helped a few extra bugs get in. You should expect bites in a tropical location but it would be nice to not have to fight them off at all times.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Colibri house is a perfect place to vacation. Stefano is a gracious and gregarious host that will do what he can to make your stay enjoyable. The house is within a few feet of the ocean. Waking up to the ocean breeze was definitely a great experience. You are minutes away from the town. Highly recommnded!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed 6 nights in the top floor and a half (sleeping loft upstairs) of Colibri House. It was PERFECT. Where do I begin? Stefano (most gregarious, charming, funny, and warm character) checked me in and took the time to draw out a map of the hotspots of Placencia. Nicoletta stopped by everyday to check if I needed anything - but of course, I didn't, as everything I needed for my relatively short stay was already there. My second day here, Stefano came by, and I mentioned that I'd tried out the tv the night before and it wasn't working properly. Told him that I could live without it, but that he should know for his future guests. He returned within 15 minutes with a brand new one, and proceeded to set it up. Seriously! The man went out shopping immediately! I was so impressed.
The house is gorgeous - screened windows all around for the view and breeze, and WOOD - lots of wood, giving a warmth to this gorgeous suite that tile surely wouldn't have. Sea-facing balconies with hammocks. House nestled amongst mango, cashew, and palm trees. Resident outdoor kitty - sweet little thing, likes chin scratches. If the ocean breezes coming through the louvered window screens aren't enough, there are quite a few fans to circulate air - once I got these all figured out, I was never too hot - but took care to shut them off while I was out. No need to run fans while away, as the breezes are always there upon your return once you re-open the shutters.
5 minutes walk/ 2 minutes cycle (free bikes provided) from the village - perfect.
I Skyped my sister from here and she practically died with aesthetic envy - both indoor and outdoor. So much care has been taken with every detail of this house. I cannot wait to return here for a longer stay. My sister is jonesing to join me next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo