“Best month on the beach”
Review of Colibri House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Colibri House
Ranked #4 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I visit Placencia every year...at least once. We often stay at the Colibri House as it is the best place we have found. The location is great...close enough to all activities of town and just far enough from the noisy night bars. We spent a month this past spring and stayed in the lower apartment. The upper unit is lovely and we have stayed in it as well. What a wonderful view and just a few steps to waters edge. It is a very safe feeling place to stay, has all the amenities that you really need for a laid back vacation, and both Stefano and Nicoletta are extremely friendly and very accommodating. We highly recommend it and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Csmazz

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Colibri House was one of the best traveling experiences my fiancée and I have had to date. We stayed in the studio for a week and felt right at home. The size of the room was perfect for us, we value our space as much as our company and were able to enjoy an intimate vacation as well as needed alone time in the same space. The ample amount of storage let us keep our luggage in plain sight but let the room flow nicely. The house itself is adorable, the kitchen nook was perfect as we traveled with the intent of cooking all of our meals and were able to do so with no problems. The dining table provided a lovely view of the ocean which was only a short walk away, so we got the peace and calm of the waves as we slept and the added bonus of a cool breeze in the afternoon heat. The bathroom was small, particularly the shower, but very cute and functional, the shower was perfect for both a steamy wakeup and an icy cool down after a long day. The bed was soft but firm, and very comfortable.
What really stands out about the Colibri House is it’s location. It is between the busier side of Placencia, conveniently near the main road and several restaurants, bars, and shopping centers. While being far enough away from the nightlife so that it was not difficult to sleep at night. It was easy enough to reach the night life and the popular locations of Placencia, and stay quiet when we wanted to enjoy a moonlit drink alone on the beach.
Stefano and Nicoletta were gracious hosts, both very friendly and extremely easy to deal with. We felt left alone but catered to when we needed them. Stefano in particular was quick to respond while we were booking and even surprised us with a few fresh pineapples one afternoon! We would happily return to the Colibri House in the future and highly recommend it. The only sad part about our stay was that it had to end.

Room Tip: Book in advance in the high season. Placencia is popular, especially around lobster fest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We've made many visits to Placencia over the years, but our four-day visit this July was our first stay at Colibri House. What a great spot to enjoy the beach and village of Placencia! We stayed upstairs and shared incredible views from the deck and top floor terrace, especially during the full moon. The architecture and furnishings are charming, with many thoughtful aesthetic touches. The location of Colibri House is ideal- off the main road, close enough to walk anywhere in the village, and a few steps from the beach. When we arrived, Stefano gave us a great orientation. During our stay, Nicolette checked to see if we needed anything. Both were attentive and helpful without being intrusive. Our stay was delightful and comfortable. We definitely plan to return to Colibri House.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Fabulous! My husband, 6 yr. old son and I were in the bottom part of the Colibri house two weeks ago. We loved it. It is central without being too far out. Walking to and from is pleasant and there are plenty of restaurants that you can go eat at or get your food from. Personally, we started out by going out but at the end of the week, we opted for the take-out option and took it home. The apt is clean, well decorated, practical and overall very comfortable. It is serviced with all the appliances to cook or simply have cocktails. Direct access to the private beach was splendid. We felt safe and felt safe having our 6 year old wander around. In addition to the charm of the coconut trees on the property, they provided shade, for those, like my husband, who doesn’t do well in the sun. During our week, both Stefano and Nicoletta were awesome! They were always available to help and provided us with certain “extra” little things to make our son’s vacation a little more special. Their advice on what to do, where to eat and how to do it was also very helpful. In fact, we were able to book a fishermen’s boat, all to ourselves, for a day excursion to Monkey Island. Not only was it very affordable but our fisherman “guide” and local onsite guide were very easy going and friendly. We can’t complain, we were lucky to have found a little gem like this one! We had an excellent stay! Bravo Stefano and Nicoletta ed a presto!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights early June in the upper apartment, the apartment was clean and the location was perfect. Simply walk out of your door to the beach and behind the apartment right on the boardwalk to head to the restaurants. 2 resident cats have made their home there which gave a homely feel and were there in the mornings for a little scratch behind the ear. The apartment itself was well maintained, clean with a rustic feel however there was no AC.. even with the fans did a get a little hot at night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the bottom floor of the house in late May, which was ample space for the two of us and we liked the fact we had our own kitchen and outside space, as well as being right on the beach. There are two bikes and several snorkelling sets in the house which was useful. Stefano and Collette were both very friendly and helpful both before we arrived via email and daily whilst we were there. The house is around 10 minute walk from the "centre" of Placencia which felt like a nice distance from the village as it still felt very safe at night.

Stefano asks that you make a deposit payment via Western Union to reserve the house. We were a little unsure about this as we'd never done it before, but went ahead with it after reading other reviews and it was all fine.

Room Tip: You should keep in mind that this house is similar to many in Placencia in that it is located direct...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited Belize for the first time in March, 2014. I was taking my 18 y/o son and his best friend on a senior spring break trip. I wanted to go somewhere away from the crowds and avoid San Pedro, so after reading reviews about the beaches of Placencia I settled on this location. I contacted Stefano of Colibri House through the trip advisor website. Stefano was very responsive and answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly. Though he recommended the first floor suite for all of us, I decided on renting the entire house for the week, putting my son and his friend upstairs. It was a great experience, right on the beach, quiet, close to the village and places to eat. When I booked the house, it didn't list wi-fi, but I and especially the boys were pleasantly surprised that it was available. While there that week, I had a chance to look at the other properties I read about on the internet. As usual, none of these looked anything like their photos. I can honestly say that the Colibri house is nicer than it is portrayed on the online photos. I will absolutley go to Placencia again, and stay at the Colibri in the future. There is nothing like sitting inthe hammock on the balcony, with the breeze coming off the ocean, and the only sound you hear is the ocean waves. Thank Stefano for a great and memorable week.
Frank S.
San Antonio, Texas

Room Tip: The second floor suite affords more privacy and quiet, you won't hear or see people walk past th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family