“Perfect way to get away from it all”
other traveller has booked this property
Interior of cabana
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Interior of cabana
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

margoinme...
tulum
“Perfect way to get away from it all”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I loved my stay in San Antonio Rio Honda! This cabaña was exactly what I was looking for. It might not be for everyone, but glad it was for ME!
It is truly overlooking a beautiful tranquil river. It was clean and comfortable. Carmen and Juan were absolutely wonderful hosts. Their children delightful. They would have done anything for me, honestly.
I arranged this sort of last minute when another trip fell through with Rod, the only gringo in town. It is a small town, maybe 600 people, most of them kids. Farm workers, real country folks. This is truly in the middle of nowhere.
No stores exept a few things on shelves in peoples homes, same with restaurants, there are a few homes that offer tacos and fried chicken and riceandbeans Carmen is a GREAT cook and for a very small amount of money you can have your meals with her family. I TOTALLY recommend this. I wish I had known this ahead of time, I brought a bunch of food from Orange Walk as I just didn´t know what would be available there. Next time, i will bring a few snacks and nothing else.
I got to go on a canoe, I got to ride a bike, I got to walk up to the cenote. Next time I will take a tour to the Lamanai ruins.
The Cabaña was simple, small and perfect for one of two people. Bed was comfy and sheets and towels clean. By Belizian family standards, a palace, leave your gringo standards at the door, right? One thing I didn´t know ahead is there are two rooms to rent in the cabaña, hope my coughing didn´t keep my neighbor up! I had a cold. But perfect for two couples as there are the two cabañas, just know that your neighbor will hear EVERYTHING!
Getting there was cheap and reletively easy. Bus from Chetumal to Corozal to Orange Walk to San Antonio. Note, there are two San Antonios, and most people thought I was refering to the one in Southern Belize. To be clear, this one is San Antonio Rio Hondo, about 25 miles from Orange Walk.
So, thanks to everyone for a perfect get away and relaxing vacation. I will be BACK!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the people
Liked least: the water pressure in the bathroom
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing