“Great host who makes to feel you like home”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Casa Rickys

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
bed room on second floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
duhoz
Prague
“Great host who makes to feel you like home”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Rick was the best host and did all the best to make me like home feel at his apartment hotel. The nice touch was to get a cold water on arrival. The atmosphere and the vibe of this accommodation is more like hostel, relaxed and laid-back. There is a small communal kitchen and hammocks in the garden. The WI-FI was really strong. If you spend two nights you can use free laundry service. Rick was welcoming and helpful, gave me tips and suggestions what to do in the town, where to get cheap tasty local meals, arranged for me the cheapest and still the great Lamanai river tour. Free bikes available. I liked to chat with the Rick to learn about the life in the area. Rick has recently built a new hut to extend the accommodation choice. No dorm room(s) available now but Rick plans to make one such room.

The location is the best just 600m from the bus station and the same to the market area. Many small shops available around.

I can honestly recommend to stay at Rick, you will enjoy the stay and be pampered.

Samuel T
“Best value in all Belize”
Reviewed 5 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We rented Rick’s private room with ensuite toilet and were greatly surprised. Even if it’s branded as an hostel, it’s actually a whole two floors house we had to ourselves! The wifi was excellent (best amongst hostel we stayed at), the host always made sure we knew how to get to the places we were going to, the queen bed is really comfortable...

All of that for only 35 US! We wished we had booked a longer stay.

Lucy C
“A very welcoming place ”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Ricky is so friendly and helpful. He knows a lot about the area and helped us to organise our day so that we could do something which suited our budget. He has bikes to rent and a nice big space on the roof to hang out. The rooms are simple but clean. The best thing for us was how welcome we felt.

Joshua G
“The Best Host Ever”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in June 2017

Last summer I spent 6 weeks in Belize. My accommodations included a tent in the jungle, a research center, a tiny house, an established 'chain' hostel, a local man's house, and Casa Ricky's. Ricky's was by far the best. The room I stayed in was comfortable and spacious, with a nice rooftop terrace just outside the door. Ricky himself was simply the most amazing person ever. He bent over backwards to make sure my friend and I were happy, was always friendly, and was the soul of hospitality. I stayed at Casa Ricky's for one weekend on a whim, after a bus driver recommended it to me. It was one of the best decisions I made while in Belize, and the best lodging-related one.

Doreen K
“Guest at Ricky's”
Reviewed 26 December 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Ricky's for 10 days. He is the best host ever. We had the apartment. It was roomy and the kitchen was fully ready for us. I had the bedroom. The other 2 slept down stairs. I was do comfortable and had no worries. Ricky watches out for his guest. I would highly recommend staying here. I would stay there again. Thanks Ricky for all u do

Lampofulm...
Verona, Italy
“Best Hostel & Host in Belize !”
Reviewed 5 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

Me and my girlfriend arrived in Orange Walk with nowhere to sleep and tried our luck at Rickys. The owner (Ricky) welcomed us as if we were old friends and although the hostel full of bookings, he managed to find a place for us in less than 10min. What a great man ! Needless to say that Ricky's care for the hostel is simply perfect and in doing so creates an amazing atmosphere all around the hostel. The rooms are unbelievably clean, the beds super comfy and the bathroom is shining every day ! You can cook food for yourself, relax in the beautiful garden or enjoy the views of the city from the top of the terrace ! Even if I wanted to find something wrong it would be IMPOSSIBLE ! Staying at Ricky was a great experience and up to now, the best hostel (and unbeatable price/quality ratio) we've found throughout belize ! Wish we'll go back one day !!!!!

daniellew...
Cebu
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed 15 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

This is definitely the best value stay in Orange Walk! $35BZD for a double room with fan, good wifi, a kitchen and free laundry. The host Ricky's knowledge is invaluable if you want to see local destinations without a tour. The only reason we didn't stay longer was because he was booked out!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing