“A magical beach paradise for those who want a remote and quiet retreat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sabal Beach

Sabal Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“A magical beach paradise for those who want a remote and quiet retreat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

If David Thoreau had moved to Belize instead of Walden Pond, this is the place he'd of built (except add solar power, hot shower and comfy double bed). David, the owner, is fantastic. He makes all logistics and prep easy. He arranged an epic day bone fishing for me with George. But when I told him I wanted to remain quiet and alone for the reminder of my trip he kindly disappeared. The place is so beautiful, words fall short. Pack plenty of your own food cause there is nothing around for miles and miles, which is what makes the place special.

• Stayed March 2013
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
We were happy to have you here and I still can not believe how many permit you caught in one day! Hopefully we will see you here again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Sabal Beach.

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Guantanamo, Cuba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

My partner and I went to Sabal for complete relaxation and quiet time. The beach, the house and David make this a perfect place to get away from it all. It is said that the three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in the the trees, and the sound of the ocean on a beach. I heard them all while staying at Sabal. We saw parrots, a grey fox, many tropical fish, and many beautiful butterflies. We will return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
It was a pleasure having you both here and we hope to see you back in Belize in the future. I have yet to get a drink out of the challenge coin but it is a great conversation piece!
Salmon Arm, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and found this beach to be absolute paradise.We were looking for some time together and we had nothing but .The cabin was clean,sheets and towels top quality.The beach and dock are where we spent our lazy days together,.Watching the sun come up in the morning and then the moon come up from that beautiful dock they have was priceless.David the host was first rate and when we left we felt we were leaving a friend behind.We also met some of the locals ,who were beautiful people.Sadly missing the place still,we will be back!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
It was great having you both here! If we don't see you back here we may have to head north to BC (although it will definitely be in the summer....).
Valley City, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Sabal beach is a slice of paradise. My girlfriend and I were there for a week and that was not long enough. The facility is well kept and very clean. The idea of relaxing and spending time on a beautiful beach is taken to a new level when you have miles of private beach. David the host is more of a personal attendant he is so helpful setting up tours and looking after any need or wants. He is the best. We had food catered by local residents and they were a joy to be around. The food had a local flavor and was fantastic. The local people truly know how to enjoy life. The snorkeling was a lifetime experience. Jason the guide went right into the water and identified fish and plant life. You would miss so much without a local showing you every detail. We rented our snorkel gear in placencia and brought with us. There are kayaks on site and a small taste of what you see at the reef experience is just 15-30 minutes of kayaking from the cabana. There was Internet connection within short distance of our cabana for when we needed to send envious pics to friends back home. Some days we sat on the end of the dock with a refreshing cold drink well into evening. Sometimes our host would join us and w enjoyed his company as well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
It was a pleasure having you both and we hope to see you again soon! I have to admit though - the picture you sent of you in snow up to your knees back home made me even more glad to be here at Sabal Beach!
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

My Partner and I went to Sabal Beach for the the weekend with some friends and it the best time I had in years. Peace & Quiet with nothing but the ocean beating on the shore line. My Partner more adventurous than I took to the wild looking for wildlife, only he know what he was looking for but he loved it very much.

We went swimming off the dock and David & Wayne so graciously lent us their noddles oh what fun, Wayne also introduced me to a game of which I was not good at but Wayne was the champion and I cannot remember the name of it, but it was all great fun.

Our Friend cooked while David and Wayne entertained us. Thanks for a wonderful weekend end guys, it been far to long and I think I need a break again soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cleeve W
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 1 January 2015
You are right. It has been far too long! Hopefully we will see you here again in 2015! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Sabal Beach.
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

My stay at Sabal Beach was relaxing, re-energizing, and restorative. David and Wayne have created a pristine strip of paradise surrounded by the beauty and bounty of Belize. Enjoying a cold cocktail during sunset seemed to always invite the sky to clear, compelling the stars to engulf the dark night with their endless sparkle. I would recommend this eco resort for those who are looking for a unique and tranquil escape.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dillondoyle
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dillon - I just realized I never responded to your review but thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here at Sabal Beach. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Honduras this winter. I know you like to hit up different places but if you are ever looking to head to Belize again hopefully we will see you here.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

My stay at Sabal Beach was peaceful and restorative. It is such a beautiful place--wonderful for anyone who is looking to get away from it all and connect with nature. The beach and wildlife are stunning. This is a great choice for a get away for anyone who is self sufficient and looking to truly unplug.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eve A
SabalBeach, Owner at Sabal Beach, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Very glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to unplug and recharge. Look forward to seeing you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo District
Amber Sunset Jungle Resort
Hokol Kin Guesthouse
Hokol Kin Guesthouse
#3 of 12 in Corozal

Been to Sabal Beach? Share your experiences!