“Best tofu in town!”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In accordance with our moto "HEALTH is WEALTH" we make wholesome and nutritious meals promoting local - garifuna, caribbean and international dishes. Using the best and freshest produce we have some unique dishes, all made in our homie ,full of love, kitchen: - vegan ice cream - vegan burgers - tofu / tofu balls - soysage - whole wheat bread THE BEST IN P.G - whole wheat cakes and muffins - vegan cheese cake and many more delicious surprises ALL AVAILABLE TO GRAB & GO COOKING LESSONS *coconut A-Z : cooking and making products: food, oil, skin care etc...... *Making natural fruit wine and vinegar *making tofu and soy milk and more..... NUTRITIONAL CONSULTATION CATERING SERVICE
Washington state
“Best tofu in town!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Be prepared to wait a little while but it's worth it. Order what Gomier has going for the day and you won't be disappointed. My "go-to" was his tofu curry though - perfect amount, delicious sauce, excellent fried rice to accompany it.

Visited March 2014

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal tonight a Gomiers. Past reviews had intrigued me and being a long time Vege I was keen to give it a try - and I'm really glad I did.

My vegetable burrito (BZD10) was extremely tasty, hot, generous and well presented - good value menu I thought. The bread wholemeal and homemade, filled with veges and slices of soya burger. Other options included BBQ tofu, fried tofu curry, tofu burger, brown rice casserole, vege patties, pita and humous, and a range of fish options (including fish fingers). All meals came with salad and fries, rice or mashed potato. I was a bit disappointed with my drink (pineapple juice) which was sold as local fruit juice but didn't taste homemade and had no pineapple flesh in it at all. Maybe this was me.

Gomier came out to talk with me towards the end of my meal and to ask about my travels. He was very friendly and I enjoyed our brief chat - especially as I was the only customer, apart from a few locals at the bar.

What you make of Gomiers may depend what you expect. If you are looking for sparkling floors and table clothes you will be disappointed. If it's good and tasty food, made by locals, in a local-style restaurant - you might just have a great time!

Open 7 days a week, early until late

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank KatESUK
Kenora, Canada
“Yikes!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is supposed to be one of the best places in Punta Gorda but my God, it is positively frightening. All huge Rasta hair, completely unsanitary conditions, outside in a bunch of rough and ready plastic tables and chairs. I can't imagine what it looked like in the kitchen. Wife was sick next day and I can't link it directly but it is possible. On the other hand PG is such a scene of poverty and squalor and you have to eat somewhere.

Visited April 2014
Jenka N, Owner at Gomier's Vegan Vegetarian And Seafood, responded to this review, 23 December 2014
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our restaurant! We've been taking your feedback seriously and made some major changes and renovations both inside & outside. Hope you would like to give us another chance if you ever come back to Punta Gorda.

Blessings/ Mr. Gomier
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good tofu, nice people”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I tried the fried tofu in curry and it was pretty good, but the highpoint of my meal was definitely the coconut rice (I could have eaten a whole plateful). Everyone there was very nice, and the meal was very reasonably priced.

Visited March 2014
Texarkana, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The food was yummy, and the owner was very friendly. He visited our table and talked about all sorts of things. I had a great time!

• Visited March 2014