“Highly recommend!”
Review of Nature's Way

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Gorda
Nature's Way
Oxford, Mississippi
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Nature's Way is a great value and we met some wonderful people there:) They have wifi and a computer you can use. i dont think there is hot water but the rate was very cheap :) while you're there ask the owner about a guest program in a village called aguacate (if you're interested in roughing it out in the bush with some local folks!)

Room Tip: i only saw the room we stayed in so i'm not much help here.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank zhjarjou

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Very unfriendly host. I looked this place up in Lonely Planet and went for it because it was reasonably priced and rated very well on Tripadvisor. The lady greeting me was very unfriendly and most of all it seemed that she didn't even wanted me to stay there. It made me feel uncomfortable. I kept beeing polite and smiling, hoping to receive the same in return, but it never happened.

I asked the host for simple information about the boat times and places to eat, but she wasn't helpful. Instead she sent me downtown to look for myself. Luckily the TIDE tours were open and provided me all the information. Apparently the boat/bus times and the town map was to find in a local free newspaper. Thank you TIDE tours!

Later that evening I locked myself out from my room - which was very unfortunate, but not uncomon event at the hotels. The host lady was not present, but her daughter was there. I kindly asked to get me back into the room, but she was NOT happy. Looking for the right key she informed me that this would be $42US to change the lock. I apologized again and kindly pointed that its normal for a hotel to have an extra key in order to make a room. She obviously annoyed with my statement, informed me that they don't make the rooms.
Luckily she found the right key!

Another thing that you, traveler, should know is that the room didn't have any plugs. Not one!!! All my electronics ran out of juice and couldn't be charged!

Internet is only achieved in main area.

Based on above its a mystery to me how this guesthouse is number one on TA. I know the host will get this review and will remember me because of the key incident. I really hope you'll take my criticism constructively and make it a more pleasant stay for your next guest!

Smile and world will smile back at you!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rejsefugl

Travellers are raving about these Punta Gorda hotels

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here one night passing through Punta Gorda. The rooms are basic with chipboard walls but it's clean, friendly, fast wifi service and great value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Corozal Town, Belize
Reviewed 7 March 2012

If you are looking for hotel comfort, look elsewhere, but if a simple hostel room (sleeps 2-3 people) in a wooden building fits your needs, this is the place to go. It is right on the sea and although there is no real beach, swimming is ok here. There are tubes available to float on, and I think I even saw kayaks. The common room is nice and it has free Wifi. The drawbacks: no hot water and no use of the kitchen. The owner family is very welcoming and interested in their guests.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends