All reviewsbutterfly farmgarifuna drumminghowler monkeyswonderful hostsfallen stonesbreakfast and dinnermain cottagesplash poolfirst stopjungle settingoff gridcoffee deliveredbelize cityevery morninga fantastic place to staynew ownersdirt road
Reviewed 5 December 2009

If you do not want excellent hospitality, delicious meals, clean rooms, a place you feel close to nature, and attention to detail do not stay at Hickatee. However, if these are qualities that you do appreciate then Kate and Ian will make sure you have a wonderful stay in Punta Gorda.
My husband and I return year after year and watch as this little B&B grows. And as it grows, it just gets better and better :) This year there is a new bike stand in case you might want to ride into town to explore and there is a new bug light / set up where you can watch the night flutterers if you so choose, which I must admit was rather interesting.
Yes, Hickatee is rated #1 for a reason .... in fact, many reasons.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IlovebelizeCA
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This was not my first time at Hickatee, but it was my wife's and our friends first time. We love the warmth, the comfort, the rooms, the local knowledge, everything about our time there. Kate and Ian are "old friends" the first time you meet them and it only gets better!
Quiet
Lush
Beautiful
Comfortable!
Affordable!
What more could one want!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

As an English teacher in Honduras we were forced to leave on a trip to renew our visas and the closest place we could go was Punta Gorda, Belize. Honestly, I and my co-workers were not looking forward to this trip at all, but when we stumbled upon Hickatee Cottages it made the forced trip and enjoyable vacation. We were treated superbly with extra friendly service, clean and comfortable rooms, beautiful scenery and not to mention the amazing fresh bread and juice that was prepared for us every morning! I cannot begin to explain how much I enjoyed this place and definitely look forward to going in the future!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank englishteacher731
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We loved Hickatee. The owners, Ian and Kate, were incredibly welcoming and generous hosts. They provided lovely and tasteful accommodations, personalized care and fostered a real respect for the environment and local culture.

They were particularly gentle and kind to our eleven year old daughter, which is a gift she will always remember. We traveled all over Belize and our stay at Hickatee was one of the true highlights of our vacation.

Lynn, Tony and Ruby

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynnida
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Hickatte was great! My partner, MJ, and I stayed there on our way to Guatemala, and liked it so much we went back on our way back to the states instead of our other plans. Kate and Ian were lovely. They gave, quite possibly, the best service I have EVER received on a trip, local or international. Kate is a WONDERFUL cook. Ian, oh Ian, what can I say... He is amazing. He is very informative and humorous. MJ and I have decided that we are going back as soon as we can to see our new friends. I recommend this place to everyone. It was funny, while we were in Guatemala and ran into other non-locals, we told everyone to go stay at Hickatee and have continued telling EVERONE WE KNOW to stay there if they ever get the chance. MJ and I usually travel with a time share, but this place is worth it even if we cannot use a time share.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple