“This is my Place in PG! Lisa Is the Best!”
Review of Beya Suites

and 1 more site!
Beya Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Punta Gorda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I had the privilege of spending a couple of nights at the Beya Suites. I will tell you that the first thing that made me excited is how close it is to the Caribbean Sea, literally a few feet away from the hotel. But the next morning when I awoke and opened up the door to my balcony I was blown away with the sunrise that was literally right in front of me. I had no Idea it was so beautiful. Lisa (the owner) is great and was very accommodating to our big group. Great breakfast as well. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I highly recommend Beya Suites to anyone traveling to Punta Gorda, Belize! It is situated right across the street from the ocean, has large, clean rooms, air conditioning, wireless, delicious breakfasts, beautiful grounds with balconies and chairs and tables outside in which to relax , drink coffee, and enjoy the sound of the waves and birds singing. Lisa is wonderful and will do anything to help you enjoy your stay and make you feel right at home. You are very safe here and will look forward to coming 'home' to Beya Suites after a day in PG!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Beya Suites is one of the cleanest hotels in Punta Gorda, the staff goes out of thier way to help you with anything if you just ask. I spent 5 nights at other hotels in PG, but Beya Suites beat them all hands down. If i would have known about Beya suites, i wouldn't have wasted my time and money at other hotels.
I plan to take my wife and 2 daughters with me next time I go to Punta Gorda Belize and we will most definately be staying at Beya Suites. lisa and her husband were excellent host and so were the ladies that work there. keep up the good work Beya Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We spent two nights at this hotel in Punta Gorda as part of a two week vacation in Belize. Keep in mind that this is the furthest south town in the country, and you are well off the beaten track. If you are expecting a hotel like a Holiday Inn you will be disappointed, however if you come expecting a three-star hotel by Belize standards you will be content. Rooms are neither large or small (adequate) and the bathroom has a good shower. There is A/C and a ceiling fan. We were in room #2 (ocean view) and took advantage of the front deck overlooking the beach/ocean where we could sit on lounge chairs and watched the world go by. The hotel offers breakfast for a fair price, free wifi, and has a bar if you want an afternoon beer. The staff are attentive and helpful. My impression is this is the best property in Punta Gorda (it is actually a five minute walk from Punta Gorda itself; about 10 minutes from "downtown"). For those planning a visit to this part of the country, this property is a good choice. We didn't see anyplace else that we preferred we had stayed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RAKlein
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The hotel has a great location and luckily it is the first real hotel on the road into town. The girl on reception appeared to have no training at all and simply showed us the room and when my wife and i turned around she was gone !! The room itself was not bad but i did not like the fact that it is was on the corridor to other rooms with big windows and curtains that barely fitted the window, Curtains were thin so no chance of sleeping in if you wanted to, The hotel seemed to have two rooms on the front and i imagine they are more expensive but i bet the view and breezes are definitely worth a look in. We did not eat there as we were guests of a local business. We love to support local businesses and as things go I am sure they do a great job but some training for staff would not go amiss. Not sure of rates as we were paid for by our hosts but i cant imagine the price tag being very high If you do opt to stay then a short walk away is a good ocean front restaurant. There was a small restaurant area but we did not use it. We needed internet and was assured it was available. We got so many different codes but nothing seemed to work so we gave up in the end. I am sure the ocean front rooms are fab but do not expect a lot of personality or service. Clean rooms, working a/c, good location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

when they attempt to rip you off before you become a guest....

add the room rate for a single and the tax........
they take you for a fool?

There aren't any beech areas within walking distance, its all jagged rocks and mud.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank lennie5936
Reviewed 14 December 2010

This place is simply magnificent. I so enjoyed drinking morning coffee on the veranda overlooking the Gulf of Honduras; looking at the beautiful, diverse people of Belize living their lives in a gorgeous country; hearing the exotic birds. Great accommodations; wonderful beautiful host, Lisa, was so charming and delightful! A highpoint of my trip.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple