Just got back from a visit to Cotton Tree, with my family (6 of us, including three girls 16, 14, 8, and a boy aged 6). As reflected in other reviews, the place is awesome (counted 20 family revies, 18 of which were 5-star and 2 were 4-star). Not sure I can add more.
Everyone in our family was treated to a special vacation in a very unique place....
- grounds, including rooms, are fantastic (lots of things to do right there, whether swim, kayak, horeseback ride, hang in hammock and read, etc.),
- trips were a combination of exciting / enlightening / fun,
- group time (end of day games and discussions with family and new friends) a blast,
- dinner great (liked family setting, and food was delicious), and
- the sustainability mission admirable (and worthy of support).
Personally, I most enjoyed talking to the people from the region, whether local Mayans, or Garifuna, or even the occasional transplanted Americans who seem to have stayed... fascinating convesations!
Our family has been very fortunate to have had opportunities to travel the globe (extensively), visiting major destinations, including some real exotic locations and staying in high-end resorts. Honestly, this may have topped them all. I know it was a hit when my grinning 6 yr old tells me at the end of the trip, "Dad, this was very different, in a very good way". I'm just not sure which of us had the bigger smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda