We arrived in Punta Gorda (PG to the locals) to be picked up by the Cottontree Lodge van and whisked from a rather bleak town to an absolutely wonderful compound about 20 minutes away.
We stayed a week and experienced many of planned trips as well as created some of our own experiences. One of the great things about the CottonTree Lodge staff is they are open to change and so flexible about what you want to do. Tell them what you are interested in and they will do what they can to accommodate you.
Our cabana was stunning and right on the beautiful Moho river, which was wonderful to swim in and, apart from one day of flooding, which is unusual in February, we did every day.
We stayed one night in the jungle cabana, which is a bit of a walk from the main lodge, but really worth it. We heard the quite frightening sounds of howler monkeys, which in fact are small and harmless and roam the trees right outside the cabin. Wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our eco-lodge is hidden between the Moho River, the rain forest, and Mayan villages in southern Belize. Stay in beautiful thatch cabanas with private bathrooms and verandas. Enjoy delicious cuisine prepared with organic produce from our garden. Try kayaking, birding, swimming, and horseback riding on the grounds. Connect with the people and culture of Belize on daily tours to villages, Mayan ruins, cacao farms, caves, waterfalls, and more. Or simply relax in a hammock all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, HRS, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Cotton Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel Punta Gorda
- Cotton Tree Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda