Starting with the cool small airplane flight to the resort and flying just above the water was sensational.
Upon landing, we were picked up by these cool open air vehicles and in about 10 minutes we arrived at this step mountain to the lodge right in the rainforest. Amazing!
Stayed 2nd week of March only for a few nights but it was not long enough by a long shot!
Staff are amazing..so genuinely friendly and helpful..just to name a few: Timothy & Ducky & Vince. Christine & Devon, the new managers of Machaca were so friendly and accomodating ... very seasoned at what they do. They have worked in the Caribbean for the last 5 years at Laluna and you can tell they are really happy to be in Belize. It is the joy that they exude that really adds to the whole experience...so funny and easy going yet super attentive!
The bathrooms are incredible with these enormous stone showers and a full glass floor to ceilling window looking out to the rain forest. Truly amazing. I can't say enough about the place. I can't wait to go back. Breaathtaking and relaxing all at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belcampo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Belcampo Lodge Belize/Punta Gorda