Machaca Hill is simply beautiful. Your mouth will drop when you enter the place and you will be in awe of your room and the breathtaking views from your spa shower. It is situated on a hill in the forest, and along the river. You are NOT close to the sea, though many of the images on the website show coral reefs, snorkelling and diving... these are all day trips at added expense. Machaca Hill is 5-star location... and simply put if you want to relax and enjoy a beautiful calm location with heavenly staff, and you can afford the heafty bill... it will suite you just fine. We are not 5-star people. We splurged on this big trip and loved the location. If we were to rate it based on value, it is a hard call because the price point is above our typical travel. The lunches, high tea and breakfasts were great. The dinners were not our cup of tea, esp. for the costs. Everything however is served with the highest attention to detail, and presentation. Our waiting staff, noteably Dwayne, Mark, Ducky were amazing. As were the leaders, Vicente, Chan, and Will. The owners are very friendly and work hard to be accomodating and ensure a great trip. We did one day trip. It was VERY NEAT. The highlight was swimming in the Blue Creek Caves and having a Mayan lunch at Vicente's house. HIs wife prepared an amazing local lunch, and even gave you an opportunity to make some tortillas. Was disappointed to find however $2 US charges for each of the pops we drank that day... esp. given the high cost of a day trip! Again, probably just TOO rooky for 5-star travel! Overall... if this type of travel is within your pocket book, Machaca Hill will not disappoint. The surroundings and staff are hard to beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Copal Tree Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Copal Tree Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort Belize/Punta Gorda