We stayed for 4 nights at Machaca Hill with my wife and my 5 year old daughter. The setting is spectacular with open (but screened) cabins built right into the rainforest canopy. There is a wide range of activities, something different every day. We visited Maya ruins and villages, went snorkelling in the Bay of Honduras and learnt how to make chocoltae, all with Yogi our excellent guide. There is a lot more on offer: fishing and spotting manatees and crocodiles.
The rooms are spacious enough for 3, with beautiful bathrooms with the same big views as the bedrooms. Food is taken very seriously, with Ken the chef discussing options every night with guests. There is a preference for fresh local produce.
For us the truly remarkable aspect of this resort was service. Nothing was too much trouble. All the staff from guides to waiters to chef had an attention to detail and worked overtime to get things right in what was an isolated rural environment. Leading all this activity, were hosts Jane and Brian from South Africa. Their devotion to the project is reflected in the quality of their staff.
If there is one thing to get straight is that this is a resort for nature lovers. You are right in the rainforest. In the wet season this means mosquitoes by the pool. It also means the odd bug and being woken at 5.00 am by Howler Monkeys. It is hard to believe the noise that comes out of such a small animal. These are not rare sightings, they are your neighbours! If you are not into nature and being part of it, this may not be for you. If you are, it is an ideal choice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agritourism-chic in Punta Gorda: a Jungle Lodge, organic farm and a 12,000-acre nature reserve. Set in the verdant hills above the Caribbean coast of southern Belize in the town of Punta Gorda. From our dock you can embark on our tranquil cruises on the jungle reaches of the Rio Grande, or our guided snorkeling and fishing adventures on the Caribbean Sea. Nim Li Punit and many other attractions are located nearby. At the heart of Belcampo Belize is the Main Lodge with our Jungle Farm Restaurant, the Rum Bar, the Jungle Spa, lounge areas, a swimming pool, and observation decks that open to stunning vistas of the coast, the Maya Mountains and a seemingly endless pristine rainforest. Our 16 individual, spacious suites are well appointed with plush beds, screened fresh-air verandas, and spa-style bathrooms with floor to ceiling tropical rainforest views. Belcampo Belize has 16 private suites offering the best in luxury and comfort. A testament to Belize's natural beauty and craftsmanship, nearly every detail, from the woodwork to the tiles to the artwork, is sourced from local artisans. If you're relaxing on one of the canopy beds or lounging on your own private veranda, you will experience the magic of the jungle within the comfort of your room. Enjoy a drink in our Rum Room with ingredients sourced from our own Cocktail Garden. Meals (including complimentary breakfast daily) are served in our Jungle Farm restaurant. We produce on-site more than 70% of the food we serve to Lodge guests. With extensive gardens, tropical fruit trees, and livestock, our day-to-day food production is a hive of activity year round. Optional tours available are: •Snorkeling •Scuba diving •Fly fishing •Birding •Cultural tours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Copal Tree Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcampo Hotel Punta Gorda
- Copal Tree Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort Belize/Punta Gorda