“Great Location, Outstanding Hosts”
Review of BlueBelize

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Gorda
BlueBelize
Ranked #2 of 18 Punta Gorda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2010

A quick trip to Belize for the purposes of researching my current book had me hopping about the country with quick stays and packed days. Blue Belize blipped onto my radar screen when a colleague at National Geo suggested I get in touch with Dan Castellanos to get me to the site I needed to photograph. Dan and Rachel own and operate Blue Belize, so staying there was a no brainer.

My huge room opened onto a shared patio complete with hammock, table and chairs AND a water view. The room was clean and well-appointed (no tv here, but I don't have one at home either, so no worries). Multiple fans kept the July temperatures comfortable with the door open. Included continental breakfast was served on the patio (great bread!). Beautifully maintained grounds and absolute quiet (I think I was the only one staying, as Dan had just returned from Mexico)! After a day out in Dan's skiff, I had just enough time to walk town (easy to do from Blue Belize's central yet secluded location). The only thing I would have liked more of was time at Blue Belize.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank OnAssignment
There are newer reviews for BlueBelize

Reviewed 27 July 2010

BlueBelize is truly a gem, this is where you should definitely stay if you're in PG. Rachel and Dan made us feel right at home, they are both so knowledgable. Fresh delicious fruits and baked goods served to your room in the morning. Free WiFi and TV. Dan took us out to the Port Honduras Marine Reserve and showed us the Snake Cayes for some snorkeling and we also got to see a school of dolphins! It was a great experience, I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank eima_68
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I stayed here with some friends in February, and fell in love with the place - the owners are super sweet and very helpful. It is a bit off the beaten path, but worth it! Delicious fruit for breakfast and hammocks on the patio, all with ocean views - so relaxing. Definitely ask about ocean tours - the owner operates his own business and knows everything about the local waters (where to see manatees/where to snorkel/etc.) I wish I could have stayed longer!

1  Thank Nala_in_NY
Reviewed 18 May 2010

BlueBelize is a great spot! When my friends and I decided to visit Belize, we knew we had to check out our friend and colleague's bed and breakfast. While we had a tight travel schedule, starting our trip in Punta Gorda was well worth it. Rachel's and Dan's space is beautiful The rooms were tasteful, cozy, and comfortable. We were greeted every morning with an amazing fruit plate and home made bread. We also booked a tour out to the Snake Cayes to snorkel and look for manatees with Dan. While we didn't see any manatees, we had a great time snorkeling and got to see a snake too! On our way home, a pod of dolphins traveled with us for a bit.
I can't wait to return.

1  Thank spacyna
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We were going to spend only 2 nights at Bluebelize, but ended up staying 4. The owners Dan and Rachel made us feel very welcome, our room on the top floor was spacious, cool and beautifully decorated, facing the sea and with a view of the beautiful, garden. Breakfast on the veranda was a real treat, with fresh juice, tropical fruit and delicious banana cake. Dan took us on an amazing boat tour, up the Moho river and then on to Barranco, the Garifuna village. If you are going to do one thing in Belize, to that!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank francescapaolo
SeaOfBlue, Owner at BlueBelize, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2010

I am grateful to Francesca Paolo for the lovely review she gave us at BlueBelize. As it states she had a lovely time here. However she did not realise that you needed to click on the ratings dots and therefore left those blank or at one dot. She has tried to remove and replace the review to correct the erroneous ratings but was unable to. Sadly, this has counted against our overal ratings. But the lovely review speaks for itself!

Reviewed 24 April 2010

Our family of four (2 children ages 7 & 9) spent 3 nights at the Sea of Blue Flat during our Spring Break Trip to Belize. The flat was clean and spacious with lots of large louvered windows that invited in the sounds and breeze of the sea. There are steps that lead to the sea where there is the largest collection of sea glass I have ever seen. My children spent a great deal of time collecting the glass and sorting the many colors. They have many art projects planned.

Blue Belize is owned by husband and wife team, Dan and Rachel. Rachel was a lovely host. My children were absorbed by her knowledge of whale sharks and she took the time to sit and talk to them about her very interesting research. She is personable and knowledgable and made us feel very welcome and comfortable.

The hightlight of our entire vacation, however, was our trip with Dan to Snake Cayes. We snorkeled with spotted eagle rays and tons of colorful fish and purple plants. Dan, who was born in Belize, knows the water like the back of his hand. We thank Dan for his patience in answering our endless questions about Belize and marine life and in helping us to spot a manatee. He knew just where to look.. We highly recommend Dan as a tour guide!!

We miss Punta Gorda and Blue Belize and plan to return!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank suntravelers4
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Rachel and Dan are excellent and knowledgeable hosts, the accommodation was delightful, the breakfast excellent and the restaurant reviews solid. We had a restoring 2 days in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
#11 of 18 in Punta Gorda
St. Charles Inn
St. Charles Inn
#6 of 18 in Punta Gorda

Been to BlueBelize? Share your experiences!