“Unbeatable Hospitality”
Review of A Piece of Ground

A Piece of Ground
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Great place to stay outside the busier city center. The hosts were extremely helpful, welcoming and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Kitchen, lounge area and sun deck are great for socializing, relaxing and enjoying the views. Rooms and baths are all modern and convenient. Good safe location. Love the country, love the place. If you're visiting I highly recommend A Piece of Ground. We'll visit again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank adamv309

Reviewed 23 October 2011

A place to get away from the hustle and bustle of City life--even the hustle and bustle of a small town. Rooms are hidden away in the tree tops with an outdoor kitchen overlooking the idyllic scenery below. An even higher roof/sun deck, where you can relax away from it all yet stay connected with wireless service. Working on a laptop from a hammock while sipping freshly blended fruits from the local market. Ice in the freezer and a convenient washing machine. It's like home in the tropics, but better!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Amikole
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I absolutely fell in love with the place. It was peaceful clean and beautiful overall. The rooms were spacious and equipped with air conditioning,ceiling fans,and cable television. The bathrooms were nice and clean with stand up shower.I loved the kitchen and lounge area most because the view of the hills and trees were breathtaking. I enjoyed several mornings journaling,reading and lazing in the hammocks. It was beautiful! The host was amazing and taught us a lot about the foods,land,culture and sites. I fell in love with the place and intend to return sooner than later. I would love to bring my children next time :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Akilah M
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The hospitality was amazing and the space was fantastic. It was exactly what we were looking for because we felt at home in the lounge area and could cook for ourselves in the beautiful kitchen area. The pool table is a major plus! The rooms were clean and well maintained. We were out so much visiting Mayan ruins, gorgeous waterfalls and going fishing on a speedboat that we didn't watch much tv, but it was available in our rooms. The AC worked well, but some nights I just slept with the shutters slightly open to get the natural air. It rained while we were there, but only during the night and was always sunny and warm by morning. We were connected to a guide who knew the people and the area well. My friend and I are have special dietary needs (I'm vegan and she eats fish) so we worried about how well we would eat there, but with the help of our host who knew of good restaurants and stores where we could purchase groceries, we ate like queens! The rates were affordable and well worth the experience. I will definitely be returning with my family. Not only was A Piece of Ground a beautiful bed and breakfast, but Punta Gorda was a beautiful town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bkworldtraveler
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The rooms were really comfortable and the AC made sleeping through humid nights a snap. My trip to the Garifuna Village was the best. My guide knew the folks and made it easy for me to feel welcomed.

I was in the south looking for property. Although I didn't find what I was looking for at the time, I do know that when I go back, I'll certainly make A Piece of Ground my base of operations again!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor that is closer to the communal kitchen and lounge areas.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank atonausar
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I needed a place to get away from hectic city life I'm so glad a chose a piece of ground!!!! The place and service was fantastic!!! Clean rooms and the staff was great to deal with. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Bxshell
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Pros: The people that work at the guest house were very friendly and offered lots of assistance. They provided me with a bike to get to town. The AC was fantastic on warm days. They had TONS of DVD's to borrow for free. The kitchen area was great and used it multiple times each day. I was very happy to use the washer and dryer. The pool table was a great addition. We felt very safe not only because the area was safe, but because the owners have 6 pitbulls protecting their property. After a few days, the pitbulls were actually quite friendly after we got to know them. I used the hammocks a lot and enjoyed them. Town was't far away at all.

Cons: The internet wasn't working while we were there, so we had to go to town to gain internet access. Also, garbages weren't readily available and we had to put our garbage in empty grocery bags and then bugs would accumulate.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends