“Fun with grandchildren”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Americus Garden Inn was the perfect overnight experience after visiting Jimmy Carter's childhood home in Plains, Ga. I took my grands, ages 16,13, and 10, to Plains to have an experience of what life was like before the modern conveniences which their generation takes for granted. After the primitive farm, the Inn was the perfect place to enjoy modern comforts while imagining this ante-bellem house before such existed. We enjoyed an evening of games and movies from the Inn's ample selection. The breakfast was a delicious and beautiful feast and my hungry crew enjoyed it all immensely. The young people even made music for me with the parlor piano and ukulele. The beautiful furnishings inspired beautiful manners from them. Not only is the Inn a wonderful retreat for travelers, it is also an educational opportunity for gracious living over 2 centuries. The price of 2 rooms so each of us could have our own beds was quite reasonable given the quality and comfort of the accommodations and the excellence of the breakfast. We enjoyed conversation with our charming hosts who are knowledgeable over a variety of subjects. I hope to return and will encourage my family and friends to enjoy this lovely abode.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank judithwmoore
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Judith:

It was our pleasure hosting you and your grandchildren. They were the perfect ages to understand and appreciate the experience of staying in an historic home. Visiting the Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm to see firsthand how life was in rural Georgia, and then enjoying an overnight visit in our grand antebellum home, truly brings history to life.

We try to provide a variety of amenities to entertain our guests and are so glad that you found so many things to do together - games, music and movies.

We appreciate your kind words about breakfast and our home. Thank you so much. Hopefully, we will see you again, soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was taking a leisurely drive back to my home from a winter stay in south FL and chose to visit Americus on my way.
The Americus web site was most interesting, but the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast web site was so helpful, welcoming, and interesting, that my stop was a 'done deal'. I just hoped when I called they would have a room because I was convinced!
I am a million miler business flyer, and have traveled extensively in the U.S, Canada, South America, and Europe. I can say that Susan and Kim exceeded my expectations! Thay have that rare ability to anticipate guests' needs and satisfy those needs seamlessly!
Their hospitality, attention to detail, delicious breakfast, and welcoming 'home' atmosphere makes this visit to their Inn and Americus, a memorable event!

Room Tip: I suggest confering with Susan as to your room-type desires. She will make it happen with one of the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Louis:

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We know that there are many lodging options and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. As a frequent business traveler, you know that chain hotels look the same all around the world. What sets our beautiful, historic home apart is that it is a one of a kind. In a B&B, like ours, built in 1847, each room has something special - whether it is a King or Queen bed, a tub or shower or Jacuzzi, or a private balcony. And, all of our rooms do have a private ensuite bathroom. We are happy to assist our guests in choosing the room that will be perfect for them.

We do try to anticipate what our guests will need, and provide whatever we can to make their experience with us memorable. It makes us incredibly happy to know that we provided you with a perfect stay. We hope to see you on your next leisurely drive between home and Florida.

Susan Egelseer
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Second time around will not be our last visit to Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. Susan remember what she had served the last time and made sure she served something different. This lady is a magician in the kitchen. Kim, as usual is conversant on every subject and charmingly so. Susan and I took our cameras to the garden and had a ball, although I didn't do to well with a new camera. We can't wait until time to go see Susan and Kim next spring.

Room Tip: Ooops, no pool or fitness center. Just luxurious linens, charming hosts and wonderful food, beautif...
1  Thank Teabagz

Dear Teabagz:

It was such a wonderful treat hosting the two of you for the second time. Although I share a lot of my photos on our Americus Garden Inn facebook page, it was really fun for me to share the experience in person with you! We definitely have a very photogenic garden with incredibly beautiful subjects - flowers and butterflies. Hopefully, by your next visit you will have mastered your new camera.

I'm glad you enjoyed my culinary creations. Since I try to tailor my menus to my guests' palates, it makes me happy to know you enjoyed what I made for you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Hope to see you soon.

Warmest regards,
Susan Egelseer
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Kim and Susan are the most gracious hosts, with attention to the smallest details that really made our stay special. We stayed one night during a college tour with our daughter. When we drove up, Susan greeted us all by name and welcomed us into their home. She gave us a short tour and told us the history of the house. In our room, there was a list of local restaurants and menus, and she marked up a map for us of the surrounding area.

The room was charming, with a small dish of chocolates (a very nice small touch) and a guest log. The next morning, Kim greeted us and visited while we had coffee. The coffee mugs are on a warming tray, another small touch and was wonderful! Breakfast was brilliant - pancakes, smoked chicken quiche, fresh fruit, and blueberry muffins. The carved strawberry fan garnish was just another small detail that makes this place special.

After breakfast, Kim gave us recommendations on how to visit the Andersonville Historic site.

Overall, our stay was a perfect 10. Kim and Susan are wonderful and we would definitely stay here again! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kdives

Dear HomeinAlaska:

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review. It was our pleasure hosting your stay and we are delighted that you enjoyed being here.

We know that many of our guests are on a tight time schedule and by offering our knowledge about this area (historic sites, restaurants, etc), we can assist our guests in making the best use of the time they have and make the best choices for dining options.

We wish your daughter the best in finding the right college for her. If you come back this way, we hope to be your "home away from home".

Warmest regards,
Kim and Susan Egelseer

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Ideal getaway! The Egelseers, Susan and Kim, are so helpful and accomodating. We had planned to stay just one night, but decided to stay another night.
We will go back!!!

1  Thank doug w

Dear Doug:

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad that you allowed yourself the time to enjoy being in our area and our home. We look forward to future visits.

Kim and Susan Egelseer
Innkeepers/Owners

Reviewed 28 May 2012

By far one of the best run B&B's we have been in. Susan and Kim are delightful hosts and really take pride in their home...and what a home! They have worked endlessly to make improvements (landscaping is amazing) and you feel welcomed the minute you step in the house which is historic. The breakfasts are amazing, homemade muffins, fruit, eggs, pancakes, etc. We had a room upstairs with a wonderful king size bed and an outdoor balcony. We enjoyed sitting out there reading and relaxing. Definetly worth a stop!

1  Thank klbsunset
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear klbsunset:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Americus Garden Inn. The Balcony Suite certainly is the perfect room for folks, like you, who enjoy a private outdoor area to relax.

It is our hope that every guest feels special and pampered from the moment they arrive. We are delighted that you enjoyed the garden, the bed and the breakfast. We definitely want to live up to our name: Americus GARDEN Inn BED and BREAKFAST.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and i enjoy staying at bed and breakfast inns often and have a couple favorites, but after only a one nite stay with the Egelseer's we have a new first choice. Since it is a "bed and breakfast" I will start with the bed. It was very comfortable, the pellow was even better, and the sheats were so secial that I questioned where we could purchase some. When I saw the price I decided to just visit again. The breakfast was tremendous. No matter how good the muffins are don't eat 2 or you will never finish the meal. The real special thing however, was meeting Kim and Susan. There was just something special about the feeling that you got as you entered their home. We left with a hug and a promice to retrurn.

Room Tip: Porch access is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Andy and Helen:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Americus Garden Inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed sleeping on the Comphy sheets. They really are incredibly comfortable. Although they might seem a little expensive, they are guaranteed for 300 washes, which for the average person would be 6 years! In 10 years of innkeeping, we have tried a lot of sheets. These are amazing and that is why we not only use them, but, we sell them.

As for breakfast, we believe that the most important meal of the day should be satisfying. We are so glad you enjoyed what we served.

We are truly appreciative of your kind words about the two of us. Thank you for your friendship. We look forward to your return.