“Excellent B&B with very good coffee”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Americus
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Americus B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very kind and charming inn keepers. Beautiful, authentic house. Nice, very spacious and clean rooms. Very good breakfast. Very good coffee (which is very special and is, to be honest, high above the extremely low standards for this in the US). Very nice house and a lovely and well kept garden. A joy.

The restaurant advice of a local but good restaurant was good and interesting.

For us, this has been a very enjoyable and nice stop on our trip from Savannah to the Alabama / Louisiana coast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear xs2alex:

What a pleasure it was hosting your visit to our area. We know that you were staying in quite a few B&B's on your American holiday and are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Americus Garden Inn.

Thank you for your comments regarding the house, rooms and garden. We work very hard to keep everything perfect for our guests enjoyment.

We do take great pride in the Americus Garden Inn Signature Blend Coffee which I personally developed with the local organic fair trade coffee roaster, Cafe Campesino. I am delighted that our coffee was to your liking.

Thank you, again, for your visit and for your review. We hope that on your next trip to the U.S. you might find a way to come see us again.

Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our stay at this inn was so nice. The rooms are very large and clean. The bed are very comfortable. And the innkeepers could not be nicer.

We were served a very tasty homemade breakfast with a nice choice of beverages. My friends and I are going back in two weeks for another great night at the inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear thebara:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit and look forward to seeing you again, soon, with your friends when you return to attend Sunday School with Jimmy Carter at Maranatha Baptist Church.

Kim and Susan Egelseer
Owners/Innkeepers

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My sister and I stayed for two nights at the Inn last week. WONDERFUL barely begins to describe the experience! From the moment Susan met us at the car till she waved goodbye from the porch, we were treated like special friends. The Magnolia Room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean. The common rooms of the house are lovingly and beautifully decorated and so very welcoming. And the breakfasts--oh, my!! Fabulous! Susan took our likes and dislikes into consideration and made the most delicious things for us. Cappuccino muffins, nutty oatmeal pancakes, blueberry stratta...... so many good things! She and Kim are the most wonderful hosts. They are very warm and friendly and we spent a lot of pleasurable time chatting with them. Yet, they allowed us as much private time as we wanted. A perfect mix of both. We spent time walking in the beautiful garden and time relaxing in the gazebo. My sister especially enjoyed time spent with the "host cats" who joined us on our outside ventures. We went to the National Historic Site at Andersonville and the Jimmy Carter Historical Site and Farm in Plains and recommend both for daytime excursions. Our evenings were spent laughing our heads off trying to answer the trivia cards on the dining room tables. We had such a fantastic sister-time together; a memory for a lifetime! I've stayed at some very good B&B's but this was, by far, the BEST! For my sister's first stay at a B&B, well, she just began at the top! Loved having drinks and snacks available 24/7 as well as hot water for evening coffee--very important! This couple truly has a gift for hospitality. It shows in every personal touch when you stay at their beautiful home. Treat yourself to this little slice of heaven on earth; you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear SuzyB57:

I am truly touched by the thoughtfulness of your review. Having you and your sister here was an absolute pleasure. Our home really is perfect for a girls' getaway and I am so glad that you both enjoyed staying with us.

We try to provide everything you might need so you don't have to ask for anything. So, having refreshments available 24/7 and things to entertain you (whether it is cards, games, kitties...)

It is important to us to treat all of our guests as the special people they are. Thank you for letting us know that we succeeded. Hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at the Inn this past week. We were visiting President Carter's church in nearby Plains, GA. This is the best stay at any inn we have ever experienced. The Inn is beautiful and well kept. Our breakfast was absolutely delicious. It was all home-made by Susan. We are picky about where we stay, and we do not normally stay at inns. The owners, Kim and Susan, made our stay so comfortable. It is obvious that they want to have visitors in their home. This husband and wife team make every guest feel welcome. Finally, we are coffee lovers, and the coffee they serve for breakfast is fair trade and delicious.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mary K,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Americus Garden Inn. Knowing that you usually don't choose a B&B makes your kind review that much more heartwarming. We treat everyone as a treasured friend with love, respect and kindness. It is our pleasure to share this beautiful piece of history with others.

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our Americus Garden Inn Signature Blend Coffee. I developed this special blend with our friends at Cafe Campesino, the local fair trade coffee roaster, and we think it is great.

We truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Given the prior reviews available, we chose to stay at the Americus Garden Inn for our anniversary excursion. Everything was consistent with 5 star rating, starting with Susan meeting us outside with an umbrella during the rain when we arrived...to a personal touch of congratulations over our door. We stayed in the Scarlet room which was quite and perfect. The breakfast was perfect. We plan to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear William:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Americus Garden Inn. We are so glad that your anniversary celebration in our romantic Scarlett Suite was perfect. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I’m not usually a B&B type of traveler. I’m used to the anonymity of hotels, minding my own business and coming and going as I please. But, after researching lodging in Americus, I had a hard time passing up a chance to stay at Americus Garden Inn. It turned out to be a memorable experience.

First of all, the house is beautiful, located in the historic district across from a small park. Rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and painstaking detail has been paid to restoration. The owners will gladly share their knowledge about the house and their experience restoring it.

I stayed in the Magnolia Room, a spacious upstairs room that was decorated in calm, soothing yellow tones that invited relaxation. The bathroom was large and everything was very clean. And for such an old house, I never heard a single creak in the floor.

I loved the parlor on the first floor, a great place to sit and relax, read a book or visit with other guests. It’s right next to the dining room, where snacks and drinks are available 24 hours a day. The hosts truly want you to feel at home. It’s also where breakfast is served, a breakfast unlike any other I’ve had on the road. A lot of thought and attention is put into the menu and we enjoyed heirloom cornmeal pancakes among other things. Recipes are unique and Susan is creative and playful in the kitchen which provides for a delightful breakfast.

The attention to detail is impressive and Kim and Susan have seemingly thought of everything. They’re also a font of knowledge regarding area attractions. And because I had such a terrific experience, I’ve comfortably chosen to use B&Bs during subsequent travels.

This was one of the best stays I’ve ever had, in any type of lodging.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear atlhppwt:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at the Americus Garden Inn. We truly want our guests to feel "at home" and we are so glad to know that you found our B&B to be enjoyable.

The Magnolia Suite is a beautiful, cheerful room with a Queen bed and a full size bed, with large bay windows and a spacious bathroom. Most people are amazed at the size of the rooms in our B&B as most rooms have King beds and still have lots of room to relax.

We believe that one of the special things that makes a Bed and Breakfast different from a hotel is that our guests can enjoy much more than a room. In our historic 1847 home, guests have all of the common areas, including the parlor, the dining room (with 24/7 refreshments) and the gorgeous garden.

Breakfast, in our opinion, is the most important meal of the day. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed what I prepared for you during your stay.

Thank you, again. We hope you will find your way back to the Americus Garden Inn.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

If you are looking for Southern Charm, Grace and an Elegant place to just relax and get away then look no further. Owner Susan goes way out of her way to make you feel at home and make sure she meets all your needs. Her food and it’s; presentation is in itself a wonderful experience. The rooms are oversized and Mr. Clean could take a few lessons from Susan.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Americus-Garden-Inn, Owner at Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Cecelia Sam:
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I believe that every person who stays with us deserves to be treated as the special person they are, and I do everything I possibly can to make each guest feel right "at home".
I truly appreciate that you enjoyed the breakfast I prepared for you. Every morning I try to create something that will delight our guests. I am so glad to know that I succeeded.
Thank you, again, for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.